Monsters, Inc. 2!

Whether or not that poster is official, that is a great idea, and I could totally see it being an official one.

And I learned with the first Monsters Inc not to judge a Pixar movie too harshly until I’ve seen it.

I think everyone’s being too negative. From Pixar’s sequel history, there’s no reason to assume this movie’s going to bed. Besides, assume makes a you-know-what of u and me, so maybe we should be less cynical? :smiley:

Lennonlover9, I agree. Honestly I thought that poster was real. :blush:

I understand what you mean, IncredigirlVirginia, but I don’t really think Pixar has a sequel history, as such. They’ve only made sequels to one particular film, and so just because a couple of sequels have worked well with those characters and with their storylines doesn’t necessarily mean the same can be applied to Pixar’s other films. I’m not saying a sequel to Monsters, Inc. is definitely a bad thing, but its potential success can’t really be correlated to the success of Toy Story 2 and Toy Story 3, if you see what I mean.

They should give sequals a chance. Toy Story had to sequals that did better then the first and MI 2 might do the same. Rocky 6 did better then Rocky 5, so it was a good thing they made it. Im looking forward to MI 2 and I trust Pixar to do it right.

I’m not saying it will be good nomatter what, I just feel…loyal to them. They’ve never made a movie I didn’t love, and I feel confident about these sequels.

Thats what Im saying.

I agree that Pixar doesn’t have much of a sequel reputation. The only one we’ve really seen is Toy Story. And the eventuallity is that we start at Andy’s and end at Andy’s. Allot changed between 2 and 3, not so much 1 and 2.

With M.I., allot of additional things could happen that wouldn’t happen in Toy Story.

Exactly!! Fine. I’ll stop using my favorite sequel of all time as an example, as that is not fair. But this movie still deserves a chance.

Good point, lizardgirl. If we were to use your ‘food-analogy’ line of reasoning in an earlier thread (I can’t remember which one), if Pixar baked a of batch three great chocolate chip cookies, that doesn’t mean that they’ll make two delicious Macaroons or three tasty dumplings either! :stuck_out_tongue:

But yeah, you may be right, Incredigirl. We’re all hoping that Pixar does the impossible again.

Haha, I’d forgotten about that analogy, thedriveintheatre. :laughing: But yes, that’s exactly what I meant!

Now I’m hungry.

I don’t know that the movie will be good, and no one does, especially since “good” is entirely subjective. I just think we should give it a fair chance. Honestly, I didn’t think the first one looked good. In 2001 I was in the Shrek-sessed phase, but I think MI is ultimately a better, more emotional film. I think the sequel deserves a chance.

I can’t remember what it will be competing with in 2012.
Then again, if memory serves, 2012 is the first year that Pixar is aiming to do two movies. Brave, then M.I. 2. Hopefully each film will be given equal respect. And not the “the original matters, the sequel can be low key”

MI2 will be compteing with (well,k a wekk before or after, I think after) Breaking Dawn, part II, of the insipid Twilight series.

In the long run, it won’t really deal to big of a blow. TS3 trounced Eclipse, but TS3 was more anticipated, though the wait is the same and demand will probably be there once hype arrives.

Actually, though, I think it’ll be not much of a threat because BD is the most hated in the series, even by (sane) fans. Those who haven’t read the books

(the only ones who post reviews that say ‘INGORE TEH JELUS PEEPS! BD IS AMZING!!! I <3 STEPHANIE MYER! EDWARD 4EVAS!!! as my bf of course theheheheh :smiley:’, I really hate them)

are in for the rude awakening of the thing that actually caused the series most of its backlash (you couldn’t find haters anywhere prior, or even decent criticism) and BD2 will likely flop.

Sorry, I really had a vent going on there, and the spelling errors above was completely intentional, including ingore. No idea what that means though…

Plus, if part one performs badly enough (likely a huge midnight and then a record drop, methinks, not even taking any other records) they could end up moving it sooner to get it overwith. It competing with MI2 isn’t set in stone, but it did make them move the release date.

I must say the trailer looks real, i dont know what to think.

oh and ncuday dont worry pixar crushed eclipse with ts3, and will crush breaking dawn with MI 2 im sure.

Whoa, whoa, whoa… What trailer?!?

I share the former poster’s skepticism. I’ve seen Toy Story 3 and there’s no trailer on there at all and it is supposedly the earliest one could see the trailer. As of now to my knowledge there’s no official M.I. 2 trailer, at least for the film that Pixar is doing.

It’s kinda early for a MI 2 trailer when the Cars 2 teaser hasevn’t even been releashed.

sorry, i mean poster, gotcha :laughing:

That’s what I thought you meant.

I know this is random but I have been thinking… I think MI2 would be awesome if it was the same locations, etc but with new characters. Kind of… still a sequel but a different continuity.

I’m quite disappointed in Pixar to have caught the sequelitis though. (even though just about all of their films are epic…)