Monsters, Inc. coming soon to Blu-ray

In Spain 26 August.

My bid: June 30th in Poland :slight_smile: Who’s gonna beat me ? (excluding Japan of course) :smiley:

PS. It looks like It’s single disc Region B edition and costs about 22 euros (30 USD) without shipping.

This is such an annoyance to me. My parents don’t have the finance to buy a Blu-Ray player yet, so I’m unable to experience the increased richness of MI’s visual graphics. Sigh. Guess I’ll have to wait till when the HVD comes out.

I’m tempted to get a Blu Ray Player just to get this D: I recently rewatched my DVD of Monsters Inc. and noticed a lot of problems towards the end. ; ;

I recently bought a really cheap Blu-ray player and used the rest of the money on the Ratatouille disk. Now I’m basically completely broke and probably won’t have enough money to buy this BUT someday… I vow to collect all of Pixar’s Blu-rays!!!

Yeah, I want a blu-ray player for my b-day, just in time to get Up for it, and start my collection.

I was thinking about using my scholarship money to buy a Blu-Ray player in order to do that. No joke.

What do you guys think?

~ Your lord and master, Flare

Sounds good to me, as long as you have extra. If you mean either class OR movies, I’d say wait a while for the movies. College is super important, and using the money for movies instead of classes is a bit irresponsible to yourself imo. If you’re trying for Pixar, the money would be much better spent on classes than movies.

[quote="ffdude1906":2s96izqu]If you’re trying for Pixar, the money would be much better spent on classes than movies.[/quote:2s96izqu]
In accordance to logic, that is. :lol: I just want to do one of these crazy things. I have never really live out my life before; it’s so boring. I want to be wild and be like every other Pixar fans out there. You guys all have and have done such cool things; watching [i:2s96izqu]Up[/i:2s96izqu] so repetitively, having a radio show for Pixar, having so many Pixar merchandises. I just want to do one of these great things and say, "See? I’ve done it. I’m just like one of you guys now!" and make myself feel a little bit more fitting in the community, not to mention making me feel good and special about myself instead of just being some boring, dull kid who whines a lot and is from some country supposedly called Singapore. :-\

But, that’s more about me using the scholarship money to watch all the [i:2s96izqu]Up[/i:2s96izqu] screenings and I don’t want to go off-topic here, so I’ll save this discussion for another time.

~ Flare

Here is the cover of the German Blu-ray:

I hope they do a double-sided print, so you can get rid of that ugly, yellow ratings-box…

That’s quite a nice front cover, though whenever I see that picture I can’t help but wonder why Roz and Celia are there, considering Boo is not. But, then again, they’re entering Boo’s room so perhaps she’s in bed or something.

chuckles That’s a little funny. The title in that translation looks like “DIE MONSTER AG!” ^0^

Yeah, that’s gonna be a pretty crowded room before long, isn’t it? Seems like Boo’s parents would be bound to hear all of that assembly! I do like that cover, though.

I’m sure any of our German forum members, or at least those a lot more fluent in that language than I am, will correct me if I’m wrong on this, but doesn’t “die” in German mean “the”, and “AG” stand for something like “aggragate”, which would be similar to an “incorporated” business?

pitbulllady

I’m pretty sure that AG means Inc. of course…but I do wonder what the Die translates too…
Of course in many languages, the order and position of words can lead into different meanings or that two words actually mean one and…shrugs…which is why I took technical classes instead of foreign languages ^0^

“Die” is an article, kind of like “the”.

Yikes, the German Blu-ray is listed on amazon.de at €37.99 ($54)!
You can get the UK version for less than €17…

I don’t have a Blu-Ray player yet, so I’ll wait until the US version comes out. There are now a couple of portable Blu-Ray players available, and what would really be nice is if someone would make one that is USB compatible, to be used on a computer. My computer has a 23-inch HD monitor, so I’m set insofar as picture quality. My father’s computer has a Blu-Ray built into it, so if push comes to shove, and the disc comes out and I still don’t have a player, I’ll just beg to use his.

pitbulllady

More information about the UK release: It is region free/all regions as expected. It’s not the international version that was released in Japan. It has “stalk/don’t stalk” text instead of the symbols.

Source:
forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php … ost2138809
thedvdforums.com/forums/show … ost8709590

I just ordered it from Amazon.co.uk

Says they will restock on the 7th. I can wait :slight_smile:.

It has dutch subtitles too and it’s kinda cheap! Really looking forward to this. Especially since I never owned the 2-disc dvd, so now I can view all the extras.

Got the disc yesterday! The UK sleeve is very nice.

Booted up the disc. The new introduction to the blu-ray by pete doctor is pretty cool. I was a bit dissapointed that they didn’t include Cine-Explore (that’s what thye call it, right?). Watched a vew scenes. It looks amazing! These movies are meant to be seen in Hi-def.

I never got the 2 disc dvd, so I have a whole lot of extra’s to view!

I really recommend that you buy this blu. Worth every last cent.