Monsters, Inc. coming soon to Blu-ray

Yeah, I want a blu-ray player for my b-day, just in time to get Up for it, and start my collection.

I was thinking about using my scholarship money to buy a Blu-Ray player in order to do that. No joke.

What do you guys think?

~ Your lord and master, Flare

Sounds good to me, as long as you have extra. If you mean either class OR movies, I’d say wait a while for the movies. College is super important, and using the money for movies instead of classes is a bit irresponsible to yourself imo. If you’re trying for Pixar, the money would be much better spent on classes than movies.

[quote="ffdude1906":2s96izqu]If you’re trying for Pixar, the money would be much better spent on classes than movies.[/quote:2s96izqu]
In accordance to logic, that is. :lol: I just want to do one of these crazy things. I have never really live out my life before; it’s so boring. I want to be wild and be like every other Pixar fans out there. You guys all have and have done such cool things; watching [i:2s96izqu]Up[/i:2s96izqu] so repetitively, having a radio show for Pixar, having so many Pixar merchandises. I just want to do one of these great things and say, "See? I’ve done it. I’m just like one of you guys now!" and make myself feel a little bit more fitting in the community, not to mention making me feel good and special about myself instead of just being some boring, dull kid who whines a lot and is from some country supposedly called Singapore. :-\

But, that’s more about me using the scholarship money to watch all the [i:2s96izqu]Up[/i:2s96izqu] screenings and I don’t want to go off-topic here, so I’ll save this discussion for another time.

~ Flare

Here is the cover of the German Blu-ray:

I hope they do a double-sided print, so you can get rid of that ugly, yellow ratings-box…

That’s quite a nice front cover, though whenever I see that picture I can’t help but wonder why Roz and Celia are there, considering Boo is not. But, then again, they’re entering Boo’s room so perhaps she’s in bed or something.

chuckles That’s a little funny. The title in that translation looks like “DIE MONSTER AG!” ^0^

Yeah, that’s gonna be a pretty crowded room before long, isn’t it? Seems like Boo’s parents would be bound to hear all of that assembly! I do like that cover, though.

I’m sure any of our German forum members, or at least those a lot more fluent in that language than I am, will correct me if I’m wrong on this, but doesn’t “die” in German mean “the”, and “AG” stand for something like “aggragate”, which would be similar to an “incorporated” business?

pitbulllady

I’m pretty sure that AG means Inc. of course…but I do wonder what the Die translates too…
Of course in many languages, the order and position of words can lead into different meanings or that two words actually mean one and…shrugs…which is why I took technical classes instead of foreign languages ^0^

“Die” is an article, kind of like “the”.

Yikes, the German Blu-ray is listed on amazon.de at €37.99 ($54)!
You can get the UK version for less than €17…

I don’t have a Blu-Ray player yet, so I’ll wait until the US version comes out. There are now a couple of portable Blu-Ray players available, and what would really be nice is if someone would make one that is USB compatible, to be used on a computer. My computer has a 23-inch HD monitor, so I’m set insofar as picture quality. My father’s computer has a Blu-Ray built into it, so if push comes to shove, and the disc comes out and I still don’t have a player, I’ll just beg to use his.

pitbulllady

More information about the UK release: It is region free/all regions as expected. It’s not the international version that was released in Japan. It has “stalk/don’t stalk” text instead of the symbols.

Source:
forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php … ost2138809
thedvdforums.com/forums/show … ost8709590

I just ordered it from Amazon.co.uk

Says they will restock on the 7th. I can wait :slight_smile:.

It has dutch subtitles too and it’s kinda cheap! Really looking forward to this. Especially since I never owned the 2-disc dvd, so now I can view all the extras.

Got the disc yesterday! The UK sleeve is very nice.

Booted up the disc. The new introduction to the blu-ray by pete doctor is pretty cool. I was a bit dissapointed that they didn’t include Cine-Explore (that’s what thye call it, right?). Watched a vew scenes. It looks amazing! These movies are meant to be seen in Hi-def.

I never got the 2 disc dvd, so I have a whole lot of extra’s to view!

I really recommend that you buy this blu. Worth every last cent.

No one seems to be interested right now, but I guess you guys will read it when it comes out in the states :laughing: .

I watched the movie last night. The picture quality is just stunning. Pixar films in HD are so much better, really all the detail, amazing! I kept noticing tiny details i didn’t before. Of course, the movie was great too. Monsters Inc. will always be one of my favorite Pixar’s.

But one thing was missing, I thought it was really strange. On the dvd and in the theaters they would show the company musical with mike and sully. But it was missing here! I couldn’t find it in the bonus features either, nor on the second disc. Does anyone know where it went :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: ?

For the Birds in HD looks amazing. I was especially impressed with the colour in the picture. Like nothing I’d ever seen before.

The new round-table in which the filmmakers reflect on making the film was one of my favorite features. Made in beautiful HD of course. They talk about how it was during the beginning stages of production, how some of the characters changed over time. What their favorite scenes were, and challenges that came with them. But the most interesting part, I thought, was about 9/11. They talked about how this impacted them and the film.

The feature on the Monsters Inc. attraction in Disneyland Tokio was cool. They show you some footage of making the animatronics and parts of the final ride. Pete Doctor and the others discuss the philosophy. Great, now I want to go experience it myself :laughing: .

I’ll dive in to the original extras later on. I never owned the 2-disc dvd, so there still is a lot for me to see.

Conclusion: Buy it.

christvs- As far as am I aware (and I may be wrong) but it seems like what they’ve done with the Monsters, Inc. Blu-ray is copied the same format as that of the DVD release in the US. So the company play has been removed from the end credits and should instead be found in the bonus features somewhere. I remember talking to someone else about this…I can’t remember who, but they did eventually find it in the bonus features hidden away. :laughing: I prefer it as an addition to the ending credits, but hey.

That roundtable does sound really interesting. The DVD extras were always amazing with Monsters, Inc. so to have something added to it is quite special. Pretty desperate to get this now but it’s out of my price range at the moment. :laughing:

A shame you can’t get it right away lizardgirl! Are you aware it’s only 11 pound on amazon.co.uk?

The roundtable is indeed very cool. Good to hear that the company play is hidden away somewhere :laughing:

Alas, christvs, even £11 is out of my budget right now. :laughing:

It’s going to be realesed in Nov.10 in America
as well as Up.