Monsters, Inc. Fan Commentary

Okay, Wednesday the 1st is perfect for me. Looking forward to this now!

Tonight it is than?

It’s today for me. :lol: It’s 4:47 in the morning and I just woke up. :-\

See you guys later. ;)

~ Flare

Mygames19 - Yeah, looks like we’re going to go ahead and record the commentary in about 2.5 hours from now.

Everyone in group A - We may not have enough time to take a break in the middle of the commentary, so be prepared to record the entire commentary without stopping.

I didn’t even know there was a break. :confused: That’s alright for me; I don’t mind sitting through an entire movie without stopping. I prefer that, actually, as it has a real cinematic feel.

~ Flare

Sorry I left in a bit of a hurry after the commentary. It was 11pm my time and I realized I still had some things to do before going to bed and I had to get up early this morning.

I had fun with the commentary; my first one. Hopefully I’ll be able to do some more. Once school starts, my schedule will be tight though.

I’d like to do this as well, I just rediscovered how great Monsters was, and went back over the rest as well. I’m game for anything but Cars really. I’ve got a decent mic, so I’m covered there.

It’s about 5-10 minutes till.

Wanted to say “I’m ready.”

Looking forward to the commentary :sunglasses:

The Group A Monsters, Inc. commentary is now available!

Part 1, Part 2.

Yipee! Can’t wait to hear my own voice… and the others, too, of course. :laughing:

~ Flare

Here’s the Group B Monsters, Inc. commentary:

Part 1, Part 2.

Edit: ffdude1906, sorry for taking so long to reply (I read your post yesterday but I completely forgot about it). In order to have participated in the group B commentary, you would need to have done a practice commentary. I believe that the next practice commentary will take place after the upcoming WALL-E feature commentary.

Thanks for uploading those for us, Peter! I’ll give them both a listen at some point. :smiley:

I’ve just finished listening to the Group A Monsters, Inc. commentary, and I have to say it must be one of our best commentaries yet! The three of you complemented each other really well and you all made some great points. Hannahmation, I like that you brought up outside sources like, I think at one point you said you’d been reading To Infinity and Beyond and you’d described the original synopsis which I think is fascinating to compare with the final thing. Mygames19, you introduced some great facts, like I love how you worked out how the Mons’ technology is older than ours. Plus you weren’t afraid to question the film and that makes it all the more interesting. And Dragon of Omnipotency, I could definitely feel your passion for the film and I like how you gave your individual opinion on certain events, sounding like a real Pixar fan!

You very rarely, if ever, interrupted each other, which is quite a feat, and there weren’t too many long pauses as you had a bit of a flow going. So well done to all three of you! :smiley:

Thanks for the kind comments, lizardgirl! I’m glad you enjoyed our commentary; even saying it was one of the best! Wow! It was a lot of fun to do. Mygames19 and Flare were fun to commentate with. :slight_smile:

I have yet to listen to either commentary yet, but I hope to do so soon!

I took a hear to it last night. My mic makes my voice annoyingly high. o.o

Anyhow, no offense qxgnxamy, but these don’t seem to have been edited much. The two parts overlap each other and I am still WAY out of sync. Of course that’s not really your fault, I was having some technical issues myself. I’ll see if I can edit these together or something.

Yeah, I kinda thought I was gonna get my request in a bit late. I’ll have to catch the next one. It gives me time to kinda familiarize myself more with the movie (I saw it again this morning, good start). I’ve never really done this sort of thing before, it’ll be interesting.

Oh gosh, I’m soo stuffy on the commentary.

Practice - headace
Monsters Comm - stuffy nose

Oh noes! :open_mouth:

Hopefully my next commentary will be better :laughing:

Mygames19 - Because there’s only one recording, instead of a separate recording for each commentator, there’s no way to adjust each commentator’s sync individually. Even if we did have separate recordings, adjusting your recording so it’s perfectly in sync with the movie would make you out of sync with Flare and Hannahmation. We have to get the sync right when we do the recording. I noticed you were somewhat behind after we stopped to resync but I didn’t think it was bad enough to resync a second time. Maybe we should’ve resynced a second time. Anyways, thanks for editing the files together. I’ve wanted to do be able to do that for a long time.

Mygames19 - I guess I was wrong in my post above. I didn’t realize that the recording could be edited by time shifting segments of the recording (i.e. adjusting only the parts that sound out of sync). Is that what you’re doing? If so, how’s that coming along?

Everyone - I found a way to easily edit the parts of a commentary together. Can you let me know whether you think listeners prefer syncing once (one part commentaries) or syncing twice (two part commentaries)? Here is the group B Monsters, Inc. commentary in one part: NTSC, PAL.

In my opinion, it’s easier to have to sync just the once because if you’ve got it just right the first time round, having to sync it again can be a bit of a bother.