Movies that you like and a lot of people seem to hate

John Carter was interesting for me. I didn’t like it, but I respect Andrew Stanton very much and his work. It wasn’t a good movie, but it wasn’t earth-shatteringly bad. Unfortunately, I’ll probably never see it again. It got the worst possible reaction that a film could ever get from me: meh. It wasn’t good enough to be memorable; it wasn’t bad enough to be fun. It fell into the category no movie wants to be in: okay. Critics tore it to shreds, though, which I felt was completely unjustified and wrong.

Wow, this topic turned into the John Carter topic!

The Resident Evil Movies. I feel like people take them way too seriously, their just fun movies with hot chicks killing zombies in IMAX 3D, who wouldn’t wanna see that? :smiley:

Patch Adams-Why does everybody hate it? Several true stories don’t become perfect movies! It’s funny, and touching, and RObin Williams did a great job.
Hook-Yes I love Robin William again why do people hate it?
I guess Igor, Home on the Range,and Chicken Little should be on my list.
The Smurfs-Please don’t kill me. I thought it was cute.

Cars 2
Cars
Brave
Atlantis: The Lost empire
Meet the Robinsons
The Black Cauldron
J. Edgar
Frankenstein Unbound
Every Bond movie with Roger Moore on it(seriously. WTF?!)
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom-It’s my favorite. I have no regrets
Pirates of the Carribean: At World’s End
Toy Story 2(Obviously, not widely hated. But usually people’s least favorite. Toy Story and TS3 overshadow it a lot.)

The Star Wars prequels. Well, most people like Revenge of the Sith but hate the other 2.

Cars
Cars 2
Atlantis
Cats Don’t Dance
Meet the Robinsons
Corpse Bride
Bolt
Hook
The Star Wars prequels are decent.
James and the Giant Peach (not hated so much as just hugely ignored/underrated)
Frankenweenie (also more a case of just being unappreciated)

Cats Don’t Dance! How could I forget that one? I don’t like Sawyer’s voice though. :stuck_out_tongue: 8D

Which, her singing voice or her talking voice? 8D They’re distractingly different from each other.

Singing. Not crazy about speaking, also.

Nice lists, Leirin and Incredigirl Virginia. Basically, my thoughts summed up.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

I recently saw the old Super Mario Bros. movie (the live-action one) and I loved it so much! The special effects and creature designs were pretty good for its time and I liked the music, all the little references to the games were cool as well (and Yoshi was adorable.) I dunno. Guess I just had an open mind and didn’t expect it to be one hundred percent like the games. More like an alternate interpretation of it, ya know? I see that all the time on fan fiction sites. I wish more people felt this way about stuff.

Too bad even some of the actors who played in it seemed to hate it. Eh…

My work colleagues and I were talking about the future Star Wars films, and they ripped into the first three chronological films (I, II, III). I didn’t bother replying, but just had a nervous laugh about their rant.

You see, these were the films I grew up with, and I thought they were filled with as much emotion and imagination as IV, V, VI. Sure, they have whiz-bang CGI and some really corny moments (Jar Jar Binks and Hayden Whatshisname screaming “I hate you” come to mind), but I have fond memories of them.

I watched II and III in cinemas with my siblings, in fact, and we had a blast. Of course, IV, V, VI had technical limitations and better storylines and characterisations, and maybe some fans view them with “nostalgia-tinted glasses”.

I think all six are great. This view may change if I attempt a rewatch, but at the moment, I, II, III are movies that I like and a lot of people seem to hate.

John Carter is a good example, I agree with you guys.

It had flaws, but people made it look like an atrocity, which it wasn’t.

I liked John Carter as well!

I like the Star Wars prequels, but they could never compare to the original trilogy. Especially Episode 5! <3

Yes, the prequels also get undeserved hate.

They’re way inferior than their older sisters, but that’s an unfair comparison when that trilogy qualifies as one of the best pieces of filmmaking in history.

As simple blockbustersfrom the 2000’s, they’re quite decent, at least.

I hope Episode VII is really good. If we get another great trilogy, it can help revive the faith on the overall franchise.

I have high hopes, they signed Mark, Carrie, and Harrison! And Billy Dee Williams is interested.

Cars and Cars 2

Aw, me too! Don’t worry; I may be wrong about this, but I think they get a lot more hate on the internet than they do in real life. Why else would the merchandising and the new Cars Land be so successful? Would bad movies really attract that much attention, or are people these days just foolish enough to buy that stuff from a bad movie and then say they don’t like it? (By the way, I’m not trying to be sarcastic to you, I’m just trying to make common sense out of all of this in general even for myself). You have good taste. :wink:

It seems to me that Iron Man 3 is getting a lot of hate and I liked it.