My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

For me my favorite is a toss up between Twilight Sparkle and Rarity. Really hoping Rarity gets more attention in Season 4. But I like all the ponies except for Applejack. I just find Applejack to be a little too cliche & predictable for my taste.

TDIT: Nah, you’re good. Viva Piñata is pretty episodic. (…I never understood that word.) Further piñata talk is behind spoilers to not de-rail this topic.

[spoiler]So yeah, it’s pretty episodic. Fergy stays an irresponsible [size=60](but strangely adorable)[/size] glutton, Paulie still has to get him out of all kinds of nonsense, and Hudson is still ever so popular, taking up the main role in many episodes in season 3. And Banjo… I mean, Franklin, still can’t lie. Well, Langston gets some character development later on that goes past his role as semi-villainous middle-manager, but that’s it, really.

But yeah, the show was cancelled when 4Kids kind of… I dunno what happened, they kind of disappeared. The franchise as a whole is still owned by Rare, though, and it’s up to them if they wanna resurrect it. There’s rumours that they do have plans for either a new Viva Piñata game or a Banjo-Kazooie game after their current project, but as of now it’s uncertain if VP will ever get new episodes. Along with that, some voice actors probably can’t return either because of multiple reasons. I do hope however it gets new episodes… that would be amazing. Or a Banjo-Kazooie cartoon. Goodness me, that’s been a life-long dream of mine.[/spoiler]
Also, yes! I love the fan crafts in the My Little Pony fandom, admittedly. Some plushies I’ve seen are really, really impressive. I’ve heard one particularly skilled fan sold them but did so well that they got a ‘cease and desist’ letter from Hasbro. They do inspire me to make some crafts of my own, which won’t be too hard (I have a nice little idea on how to do it already) but I just lack the material. Can’t sew either. Oh well!

I cannot express how honored I feel that I got ahold of the Hub several months ago, and now I am able to keep up with the ponies as. they. happen. The fact that I got to see the world premiere of the Season 4 opener is so cool to me! Bottom line: I loved it to pieces. Again making me laugh, intriguing me, exciting me, and making me cry a bit :slight_smile: [spoil]And you can’t not love seeing Luna’s transformation! Being there for something we know so well as a part of the MLP mythology! Oh, and seeing Discord again is always fun; nice to kinda know that he’s not entirely entirely reformed :mrgreen:[/spoil] And yeah, I’m one of the crazy people who is totally cool with Twilight being a princess, so seeing how she handled the weight of the world on her shoulders is epic.
And also… [spoil]“I mostly dream of frosting! Sweet, delicious frosting…”[/spoil] oh, Pinkie Pie, you are so great… 8D
So with an opening like this, I highly look forward to the excitement and adventures to come in this season. The MLP magic is truly undefeatable :slight_smile:

I quite enjoyed the season’s opening! [spoil]Especially Discord in the maid uniform. :laughing:[/spoil] But really, I’m just glad the show’s back. I really missed it. :smiley:

Why am I seeing My Little Pony versions of pop culture characters on Google Images? (I.e. The Incredibles, for example)

I just don’t get that at all!

^ The My Little Pony fandom is HUGE. From what I’ve seen, making pony versions of other characters is a fairly popular thing to do in that fandom.

Its nice that MLP came on just in time to patch the hole LoK left in my heart. Loved the opener, one week after LoK’s finale. :frowning:

I watched the first two seasons on Blu-ray now, and can’t wait to get my hands on the next one.
Who’d have though this silly premise would actually turn out that amazing?

Favourite episode so far:
“Mmmmmystery on the Friendship Express”, this one is up there with “Spaceballs” as one of the greatest movie-spoofs ever :mrgreen:

Oh, and Disney should totally hire Daniel Ingram to score one of their animated musicals…

What a coincidence that you post about this the the very moment I decide to check this place out again. I remember debating with TDIT in this thread 4 years ago!

Good times.

I’m glad you enjoy it totoro. It’s seriously one of my favorite animted shows.
My favorite episode is “Power Ponies”, but that’s in season 4.

Also, if you have netflix, they have the first 4 seasons already on. :slight_smile:

Season 4 isn’t complete yet though, right?

Good question - flixsearch only lists the season numbers but not individual episodes.
And of course availability once again depends on the region.
Germany only has 3 available, for example.

This september marks my 3 years as a Brony.

Awesome Buttercup1973! As of now, I believe I am now 2 years as a MLP brony.

The last half of season 5 is 3 weeks away.

I can’t wait for it! So excited. Hope they do more with the Cutie Mark Map.

Also, i rewatched MLP Equestria Girls and Rainbow Rocks. Even though they humanized the ponies, I felt they did a good job in keeping the spirit of the show. Plus, I LOVE Sunset Shimmers!

I hope this wasn’t already posted earlier, but someone made a remake of the Second Reality PC demo using MLP: Second Realipony

Watch the original, then the remake. It is way more than just 20% cooler and all the MLP elements fit perfectly - the Fluttershy scroller cracks me up every time :mrgreen:

Sadly there won’t be a Blu-ray release of season 3 in Germany (unlike seasons 1+2), and so far I haven’t seen any in other countries either… :frowning:

equestriadaily.com/2016/01/s … ealed.html

I loved the 5th season, it’s my 2nd favorite season so far. [spoil]I thought the best moments included Rules of Rarity, rarity investigates, Countess Coloratura, and the best episode of the seasons where the CMC FINALLY got their cutie marks. I love Starlight Glimmer. But I’m curious to see if they’re gonna have her as part of the mane 6. For a long time, i always thought Sunset Shimmer was gonna come back and rejoin the Mane 6, but it looks as if they have found a new Unicorn replacement. Now there is a balance. : 2 Earth Ponies, 2 Pegasi, 2 unicorns, and 1 Alacorn. Very interesting to see how they’re gonna use her.[/spoil]