My Pixar Renders

I do get what your saying, though in this context the imperfections don’t really make sense. its not supposed to look like the detail is being painted on or anything. it really should line up here.

In fact the rug was supposed to consist of an on going coil that spirals outward, not rigs. but doing it the right way would be a huge undertaking for me to do manually, So I cheated a bit. hopefully people don’t really notice.

Yeah I know its not painted on but even rugs can get little nicks and scratches that give them imperfections (especially if you have cats :p)

Woody progress.

Alright, you said you wanted some of the basic designs for the decals in Andy’s new room, so I recreated some. Since you only needed the basic outline of things, as you’re creating your own textures, I took the quick route with MS Paint.

This was on the bookshelf.

This was on the bookshelf.

This was on the bookshelf and toy chest.

This was on the desk drawer.

This was on the desk drawer.

Circular ones are about the same size, except for the light blue one. If you find this helpful, I’ll make more.

BTW, posters, calendars and other stuff are big enough to be posted as raw images, so if you’d like those, I can post 'em.

Yes, those are great for reference. thanks. I’ll need to know where to put them, but I can easily recreate these in higher quality.

Heres a more recent shot of the TS3 room.

higher res.
img.photobucket.com/albums/v177/ … herres.jpg

Oh my goodness! That looks alomost like an in-production shot of the movie! Very nice work!

I figure these should be big enough to work from (they’re on the lower-door).

Wow that Woody render is brilliant :slight_smile:

Thanks all.

New doors. also been making other adjustments, most will probably go un noticed, but I noticed the desk was unusually large before, so it has been shrunk down quite a bit.

Higher res
img.photobucket.com/albums/v177/ … orsnew.jpg

This guy took 19 hours to render, haha.

Haha, wow. It’s well worth the wait though!

BTW, when you get around to Buzz’s wings, I’d be curious to know how they actually work. It’s never clear the way it’s presented in the movie. Are they supposed to be side-by-side, or overlapping? With the width, and some concept art, it’s shown to be overlapping, but in some viewpoints, it appears that the wing ends are next to each other. Also, there appears to be no space between the jet pack and wings, which would mean it’s not overlapping.

Well my model probably wont answer your question either. since I dont know the answer myself I’m either going to do it the TSC way, just with thinner more accurate wings, or have them completely intersect since I’m not bound my real world limitations and no one’s going to see them anyway while inside the backback. I avoid intersection when I can, but sometimes theres no point when I can easily cheat and get away with it.

Those are so good!!! It looks like screen shots from the movie :open_mouth: I’m impressed!! Are you trying to get a job at Pixar?

Thats my goal, but I doubt I’ll make it. The plan is to, when I can afford it (which, with no job in sight seems pretty far off) is to move out to California, go to an art college, I’m thinking one called “Expression” which if I remember right is like 6 miles away from Pixar in Emeryville and apply once graduated.

Another thing I might consider is the PIXAR in Canada, but I cant imagine not living in the US so I’d have to give that one more thought. But I bet it will be easier to get into that one than the CA one, as they have just started hiring and aren’t very big yet.

But I’ll need a lot more skill than simply copying what they’ve done. My original stuff is really lacking. That’s what they’ll need to see.

Of course I’ll be happy to find work anywhere doing what I love. in this economy I cant expect to work for or at the biggest animation giant there is. there are a thousand other students and even self taught artists who would mop the floor with me and what little talent I have at the moment.

an online friend of mine went to the same school and now regrets it, despite being pretty talented he was never able to make any use of his diploma, and now has nothing to do with the industry. I’m afraid I’ll suffer the same fate, like most people.

Wont stop me from trying though.

Wow, these are absolutely amazing. Woody looks just like him!! And Andy’s room is perfect. You said you use Anim8or, so a couple of months ago I downloaded the program. I’m fourteen years old, and really new to doing my own computer animations, so when I first looked at that purple screen as I started the program I was like, “Huh? There’s no way this guy could do Andy’s room out of this.”

I’m still lost :slight_smile: But whatever, I have a while to learn it. I know what you mean about not getting a job; that’s what I’m afraid with this whole Pixar-animator-dream that I have. There’s nothing I’d like to do more than wake up in the morning wanting to go to work, and loving my job. But there’s so many people, I’m sure, that have the same dream. Don’t we all on here?

Anyway, I hope you get to go to California and go to school there, then get to work for Pixar. Good luck. These renders are amazing!!

I know exactly what you mean, i’m 13 and i would love to work at pixar one day as an animator.

That would be my dream come true :slight_smile:

Welcome to Pixar Planet, I’m fairly new here myself, but I’m honored that your first post has a quote from me in it :laughing: lol

:laughing: your welcome

Been a long while, I’m finally able to work on the project again on my laptop.

I tried to recreate this Urban Tour poster from TS3. its not an exact replica, but a decent approximation I’d say. I can’t be spending too much time on every single poster, theres a lot of them afterall.

Hey, Kyle, what programs do you use? :slight_smile: