My Videos

Well, I’m an avid video…compiler…person…so I figured I’d share some of my Pixar-related work for you all to enjoy!

Please, feel free to place any requests. I’m happy to take them :smiley:

Dory/Marlin–I’m Not Gonna Write You a Love Song
Ehehe…judging by the topic in the Nemo section, I can’t expect to find many fans of this pairing here. But that’s alright. This isn’t my best work, but it was the best I could think of for the lyrics. I’m quite fond of this song and while it doesn’t fit Dory all that well, my thinking was “How frustrating might it be to be with somebody like Marlin? I mean, he’s yelling at her every other minute.”

So there you go :stuck_out_tongue:

Wall-E–The Last Robot on Earth
The first of many videos I’ve made for WALL-E. Gosh, I was so excited when I saw the trailers. I simply had to make something. My obsession with this movie sort of blended with my Avatar fixation, to create…well, this.

Wall-E–Into the Night
Made for the heck of it. This song is so great. I’m seriously considering remaking this now that I have the movie.

Wall-E–Strangers Like Me
Wee! Finally we get to the actually GOOD WALL-E videos! This song fits Wall-E’s curiosity about his world so perfectly, I simply had to make this video. This video had the honor of being sent on a DVD with a scrapbook assembled by Wall-E Forum to Pixar Studios, so hopefully, Andrew Stanton or some of his staff has seen this.

Hopefully, anyhow.

Auto Tribute–Twisted Transistor
Since Auto is one of my favorite characters, I simply had to make a tribute to him. Why this song? Because everytime I heard “Hey you, hey you, finally you get it. The world ain’t fair, eat you if you let it”, I saw Auto and the Captain in my head.

Wall-E–Fly Me to the Moon
My older brother loves Neon Genesis Evangelion, which is where this song comes from, so I found this song for him. Since it was just sort of sitting on my computer, I decided to make a cute Wall-E/Eve video for it.

M-O Tribute–Geek in the White
Requested by a friend for her birthday. We couldn’t think of a song that fit M-O, so I just told her to tell me one of her favorite songs. This was the song she suggested. Personally, I think this came out very well.

Dory Fandub
I totally disagree with all the commenters who insist I sound like Ellen. I don’t at all. And it was an honest attempt not to. (and no, you don’t want to hear the other outtakes…most of them involved me either babbling or swearing about messing up AGAIN. How very un-Dorylike)

Wall-E–The Autopilot-9000
“I’m sorry, Captain, I’m afraid I can’t do that. Give me the plant.”

Marlin/Dory–Tell Her This
You know, I swear I make videos other than pairing tributes for this movie, seriously. I just have trouble finishing the others xD . Anyhow, I like this song for these two, because it’s a good mix of melancholy and affectionate. As I said in the description, it can be interpreted as his dedication to his friend, save one line.

Andrew Stanton is Just Awesome!
Boom De Yada!

And the DVD was pretty fun to compile as well, lol :wink: . Nice to see a full list of all your Pixar vids… you should consider posting something similar over at the WALL-E forum. With at least 2 of your vids (the one I quoted above, and the Andrew Stanton is just awesome), they ended up being posted by others as favourites, lol.

Great work! And hopefully, if the 2nd scrapbook project ever gets off the ground, we can get a few more of yours included.

Thanks! Nice to see a familiar face :smiley:

And I did post a full list of my videos at one point. It was largely ignored, so I figured it worked better to post them one at a time.

I just saw your videos and I must say that I was very impressed with your editting skills. The videos really had flow in them. My favorite so far was the “Strangers Like Me” video.

Keep up the good work. I learned a lot from watching your videos.

Likewise! So you finally joined PP! :smiley:
I’m a fan of your vids, I think they’re awesome! I watched all your Wall-E vids posted on this thread, except “Fly Me to the Moon” and “Andrew Stanton is Awesome”. I liked “Into the Night” best, although it was a little short. I’d love to see a remake! “Strangers Like Me” and “Geek in White” were great, too. :smiley:

My old account got suspended, so here’s the new one if you want to resubscribe. :wink:

youtube.com/thedriveintheater

Castoro Chiaro: How long does it take you to make one video?

It generally takes me a week or so. I alternate projects often and inspiration is often quite slow, so they take a long time.

I make fan videos like you Castoro Chiaro (They are in the videos section of PP). I know what you mean. Sometimes, they can be frustrating to work on and long too.

Your WALL-E: Strangers Like Me video was superb! Great job!

Thanks so much for all the praise!

I just uploaded a trailer parody titled “Wall-E 9”, as I am VERY excited for Tim Burton’s next masterpiece to hit theaters this September.

Wall-E 9 Trailer

Dude, well done. I really like it. It looks really epic.

Wow… awesome much? :smiley:
This has to be the coolest mash-up featuring a film from this year so far! Seriously, both are my most anticipated 3-D films from each of the years! And they’re both groundbreaking, not to mention (as you’ve already said) featured robots, set in apocalyptic future, and are commentaries on Man’s greed and waste.

My favourite bits are the slow-in, speed-out from 00:54 to 00:55, the rising swell of the chords in time with the action from 1:01 to 1:10, AUTO waking in time with the drum beat at 1:43 and the spine-tingling final shot with the end quote at 1:50.

Only criticisms I would say is that you coulda kept the original tagline cards “After the world ended” and “Their mission began”. You also coulda done a spoof on the credit cards “From producer Tim Burton” and “Timur Bebmambetov Director of Wanted” to say “From producer John Lasseter” and “Andrew Stanton Director of Finding Nemo” or something. But these are not so much as mistakes, but suggestions on how to improve it, cos’ I think your trailer is pretty much perfect audio-synching wise.

How did you do the cast credit cards and the title card? (“Ben Burtt, Elissa Knight, etc.” and “Wall-E 9”) What program did you use? That was pretty good, I chortled when “MacinTalk” came up for AUTO.

I’m also looking forward to 9, I used it to open my 2009 Akan Datang (Coming Soon) Trailer and I’m almost done with another Wall-E mash-up from the 2nd trailer of The Dark Knight. 2009 Akan Datang is already up on my YT page if you want to have a look and comment, or you can click HERE. The Dark Droid Trailer 2 will be released sometime this weekend, but HERE’s the first trailer if you’re interested. :wink:

Thanks so much, The Star Swordsman and thedriveintheater! I’ll admit that trailer wasn’t my best work, but I’m thinking about doing it over so it’s much better.

I added another video to my channel this morning and I’d very much appreciate comments and ratings :smiley:

Up - Promise

I’ve basically made myself into an obsessed Up enthusiast. Just seeing the preview clips makes me all the more eager to see this film. It looks stupendous so far. May 29th can’t come soon enough!

I’m definitely making more Up videos. I have a surplus of clips, thanks to IGN being unusually generous in its supply.

That’s amazing Castoro! Very poignant and touching music, makes me feel all mellow and melancholic with a side of heartwarming fuzziness. :slight_smile:

I like how you did the slow-motion and dissolve transitions in time with the beats, very nice!

I’ve never seen some of the footage before, and I thought I was paying attention to the featurettes (unless there’s some of them I’ve been missing). I think Up will be Pixar’s biggest tearjerker yet, seeing [spoil]Carl kiss his dead wife’s portrait[/spoil] really squeezes my heart, I mean, you know, it’s really sad, if you get what I mean.

Beautiful, absolutely beautiful. I adored the music and how well you put the MV together. I must admit that this one almost made me cry. A very well done atmospheric MV. I complement you on making something so solid with such a limited amount of clips.

:open_mouth:
You’ve taken something that was pretty awesome (the Up trailer’s great) and then added more awesomeness (where I would not have envisioned anyone could do)… it’s changed the way I’ve thought about Up. Great work!

Bwahahaha… this made me laugh! The Dory/Marlin shipping* is a really bad ship, but with the way you’ve edited this, it seems not! Haha!

Niiiiiiiiiiice. :slight_smile:

*Shipping? Paring. [url]http://tinyurl.com/26kly6[/url]

Oh, I know what shipping is.

I can tell people REALLY hate Dory/Marlin around here, which is alright. Dory and Marlin bring out the best in each other and have a deep bond of friendship, and to me, that makes for an appealing pairing. I’ve loved that pairing for years now, so it’s sort of a two-and-two thing for me at this point. But I do see why people would hate it, especially considering some of the horrible fanfictions I’ve found for it :stuck_out_tongue:

In any case, they’re a great duo, pairing or not. I’m fine with them both ways.

You flatter me! I worked hard to make a quality product for what promises to be an incredible film. Glad to hear it turned out as I’d hoped!

I don’t really mind a Marlin x Dory pairing, they had a good thing goin’ on there. :wink: Make more Wall-E vids if you’re inclined!

It’s nice to hear that after so much Dory/Marlin hate I’ve been reading about!

And I’ve got a whole ton of Wall-E projects in the works. The problem is I’m rather stuck for ideas on how to finish them. Ugh, I hate when this happens…

Tell me about it. I have tons of great ideas. Probably gonna do another preview of upcoming attractions like I did last year. shameless plug Look out for it, yeah? :slight_smile: