New Giacchino Video Interview -- 60mins long and in-depth

There’s a great new, very detailed hour-long video interview with Michael Giacchino that was filmed before a live audience recently and broadcast on a local Los Angeles cable TV show called “Zocalo Lecture Series.” It’s a full 60 minutes long and covers EVERYTHING (including of course The Incredibles, Ratatouille & Brad Bird) – way too much to post here. It’s long, but if you like Giacchino and film scoring, be sure not to miss it. Enjoy!

Here’s the link:
la36.org/zocalo/zocalo.html
On the right side of the screen, scroll down (now it’s near the top, but as time passes, it’ll go further down), and look for:
“LA36 ‘How to Score Big in the Movies’”
If you can’t find it, go to the link above and type “Score Big” in the SEARCH field, and it should pop up.

It stops right at the 60 minute point (before audience Q&A), but is a great, in-depth hour-long interview.

Thanks, miafka. I’ll download it when I have the time to watch it.

Direct link for those that want it

207.7.154.94/la36/la36_4c9153fc3 … 17b90c.wmv

that’s about as direct as I can manage to get it, even though it’s essentially a reference file.

To download this you need software capable of recording MMS streams.
For example, using MPlayer, you can download with the following command (enter as one single line):

mplayer -dumpfile interview.wmv -dumpstream "mms://207.7.154.94/la36/la36_4c9153fc3cd66b996d1b3f1d2317b90c.wmv?wmcache=0"

thank you so much miafka! I have been wanting to learn more about Michael Giacchino!

welcome 2 pixar planet, totoro! luv ur avatar pic!

Wow, that’s pretty cool. I wish they could do this for Tom Newman though…