New Newt Information

Me too!!! I’m very excited for this. :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

I am really excited for this. Can’t wait to see some kind of trailer or poster.

Well, newts aren’t lizards, or even reptiles for that matter, but amphibians, so all fertilization takes place outside, after the female lays eggs. Not much graphic about it, actually. LIZARDS, on the other hand, mate just like most critters do, and that would definitely require higher than a PG rating, lol! Just visit the “Photography-Animals, Plants, and Nature-Reptiles and Amphibians” section of Deviant Art for more insight, since now is mating season for many lizards and that section is chock-full of “Anole p0rn”. Defintely something the soccer mom types might have trouble explaining to the kiddies.

pitbulllady

I’m really excited for this too! This one intrigues me because it’s basically a romantic story, but not in the vein of Wall-E’s ‘love at first sight’. Rather, it has that “worst-enemies become best-friends” (and in this case, perhaps something more?) plotline of practically every buddy flick ever made, except it’s with opposite-sexy ‘partners’. :smiley:

There is one thing that’s worrying about this film though, and it’s been brought up before- people’s confusion of lizards with newts and vice versa. Hopefully the film will make it startlingly clear that they’re not the same thing. :laughing:

Well if those scientists ARE gonna repopulate the species of newts, THEY’D better know the difference :laughing:

haha right! I am so darn excited for this! It sounds like its right up my alley! :smiley:

Haven’t really heard too much about this movie,and I don’t really want to read or see too much leaked info on it. I looked up about everything available for Up (save the plot), and I still enjoy(ed) the heck out of it. Still, I was totally giddy about Up, so it probably helped that I REALLY wanted to see it. I wanna see this, a well as TS3 and Bear and the Bow, but Up was just such a huge deal to me, and still is. revealing major plot points just seems like ruining the movie imo.

Also, it’s Pixar, I don’t see them making a PG-13 movie ever. They have such a young aesthetic to them, and they’re made for the entire family. That to me is what Pixar represents, they bring the kid out in all of us. I absolutely adore that philosophy, it’s very innocent, fun, and exciting. The subject matter of the latest movies has been a bit more mature, but pulled off with great taste. I mean I’m a 19 year old college student, and I bawl every time I watch Up, but the way Pixar does it is beautiful. They’re masters of making a story that’s great for everyone watching, regardless of age, whether it’s just visually appealing and funny, or you notice the depth of plot and it makes you think. I get both out of Up, so mission accomplished there! I’m pretty sure I’m gonna love anything Pixar has to offer.

[quote=“Geoff CB”]
To those who saying they can hide the the birds and the bees or make it subtle. They can’t because it’s the main thread of the story. quote]

Maybe they never say " we have to reproduce"they just refer to the “action” as “save the species”

Anyway, this sounds really strange for a pixar film, really REALLY strange… :open_mouth:

I don’t think the focus of the movie will be them reproducing, rather then the fact that they can’t stand each other and that they have to somehow start liking each other! Just the fact that they have to reproduce to save themselves just makes the whole thing so much funnier!

I’m so excited for this movie, it’s my favorite one out of all the ones that is showing up now in the future! Go newt! :smiley:

Well, I’m a sucker for ‘reluctant romantic’ comedies, like Ice Age 2 and the Lightning/Sally subplot in Cars. So, this should be interesting. One thing I’ve noticed is that Pixar the only animation studio (besides old Disney) that has attempted a film with a love story as its main plot, and that is for Wall-E. Yeah, there are romantic liaisons and implications in Ratatouille, Cars, A Bug’s Life, and maybe even Finding Nemo, but they were only second fiddle to the main storyline. Wall-E was their first, and Newt might just be its second straightforward rom-com! :smiley:

Dreamworks, well, their BGR’s come off a bit cheesy and cute, but rarely approaches Pixar’s charm or profundity. Blue Sky’s only got the Ice Age couples Manny and Ellie, and Scrat and Scratte (and for those who have seen the third, we all know how the latter went). New Disney has zilch love stories (Meet the Robinsons, Bolt) beyond imagined fandoms.

Well, the bottom line is, what I’m trying to say here is… Newt may just be an awesome ‘chick flick’ that everyone can enjoy! :smiley: And I’m so lookin’ forward to the battle of the sexes! :laughing:

Oh come on Pixar, give us some news about newt!! :smiley:

Well, to wait for some info for Newt, should we create a song for it? Like Perry The Platypus-like song? :confused:

Hahahahaha that would be hilarious and so much fun! :laughing:

My son is now 7 months old and the plan is to have this be his first movie that he sees on the big screen.

I still say the whole reproduction thing can be alluded to without taking away the ‘family entertainment’ aspect of it. It will be interesting to see how they take that though.

Am I the only one who thought of Flushed Away?

Despite this, I’m also excited :wink:

Agreed. Ice Age 2, anyone?

Shrek and Fiona had kids as well, so yeah, I think it could be hinted at for those in the audience who know, but kept vague enough to younger audience members are out of the loop.

Oh, and Donkey and the Dragon. Forgot about that one.
shudder

I do already love this movie even though there’s almost nothing known about it yet Dx Gah!

IF it will be R or M, Pixar will probably pull a Rareware action (Rareware was a video game producer who made colourful childfriendly games, and then they made Conker, a disturbing bloodfest with talking animals. Funny thing, most people refer to Rare as the ‘Pixar among the videogames’) But I digress, I’m certain Pixar will stay kidfriendly for evermore. I think.

In fact I may just try to draw Newt.