New Up Trailer!!!!

Lizardgirl- I could answer most of those questions, but that would involve spoiling half the movie for you. So I think I’ll steer clear of that. :stuck_out_tongue:

Fett101- Maybe! That does sound pretty plausible.

Disney_Guy- Ah, there we go. That sounds pretty cool, I look forward to seeing that bit. :laughing:

Bryko614- I’m eventually going to have to abandon this section of the forums anyway, if I’m going to leave most of the film unspoilt, but hopefully it will be worth it! I think seeing this trailer is just about the right amount of spoilt-ness- it gives away the basis of the film without getting into the details too much, and it still leaves us guessing about the majority of the plot, which is always a good thing.

I don’t know what kind of dog Dug is, but I am suspecting that he may be a mix. He probably has some retriever and pointer in him. That is a classic pointer position. These dogs can look like complete statues when they are pointing at something. In this position, there is a straight line from the nose to the tail, with the front paw lifted slightly off the ground. Dug also goes completely still when he sees the squirrel.

• C-3PO

Well, when he sees the squirrel, there is still some very minor movement to give a sense that he’s not just a statue, which you don’t see in this shot.

WOW! I can’t wait for this movie! I think this is one of the best trailers Pixar has ever made. I love the part when the dog says “Squirrel!”

Just previewed the trailer, It was pretty good. The downside is that it revealed too much of the jokes.

I notice that everyone calls the dog ‘Dug.’ Is that the right spelling, or is it spelled ‘Doug’?

There are books coming out that spell it ‘Dug’, as in ‘My Name is Dug’. So, I guess that’s how you spell his name.

• C-3PO

Oh that’s not from Carmen, it’s just got the same rhythm with that Latin sound on it.

ashley

I just thought of something. If they continue reminding us about all the other Pixar films at the start of teasers, pretty soon the teaser will be nothing but that.

Announcer Guy Voice: Hey, remember that studio that made all these films? (montage of previous films) Well they made another one. We don’t have enough time to show you footage or even the name of the new one, but it’s good. Go see it.

Great trailer, [spoil]not sure about the villan, is he the explorer that Carl admires? but it seems like it’s going to be blimp versus the flying house… who’s gonna win? [/spoil]colors are vibrant and i’m glad yahoo shows it in hd. GONNA BE GREAT!

Also, the dogs coming down from the steep rocky rubble reminds mw of the hyenas in Lion King. Same ‘scary’ factor.

Edited. I combined both of your posts. – Mitch

Also, I can’t really tell, but are people inside the airplanes in the trailer, or is it [spoil]being remote-controlled by Muntz or something? Because it seems like Muntz would only have him and his dogs on his “adventure”.[/spoil]

[spoil]Maybe he has dogs flying the planes [/spoil] :open_mouth:

Okay, I finally saw it. I must admit that it didn’t strike me as much as other Pixar tailers did, but it was enjoyable to watch. It looks like it is going to be a very funny movie.

Haha! That sounds ridiculous, but in a movie about an old man and a boy scout flying to South America by a house tied to balloons, anything is possible…

Am I the only one not very impressed by the trailer? Don’t get me wrong. Full trust in Up here. Seeing it ASAP in 3D. But man… that trailer started good, but ended up being just random (if funny) clips thrown together mixed with “OH HEY IT’S PIXAR LOOK PIXAR”

Sorry, but IMO, that’s the least impressive trailer I’ve seen for an animated film in a while. While I’m tempted to say “WALL-E’s was better” I know I’ll get a possibly rightful bias call. So if you ask me, 9 and so help me, Monsters vs. Aliens had a better trailer.

…Wow, I just said that? Please don’t kill me. ^^;;;;

But like I said, no crushing my excitement for the movie its self. It’s gonna rock, even if the trailer had fingernails on chalkboard soundtrack with doodles done b a 5 year old.

It’s alright. It seems like a typical trailer to me. Not to say I didnt enjoy it. Actually it does have me a bit more interested in it. A little. I’m interested to find out how all these different scenes are going to come together to form a coherent storyline.

Netbug009- I have to agree that, whilst I enjoyed the trailer very much, mainly because I wanted to see more of the characters and because I was generally curious about Up, as a trailer in itself it isn’t the most impressive one out there. Though it has to be said that, for whatever reasons, Pixar trailers don’t tend to be that good (in my opinion, anyway). The trailer for WALL-E put me off the film despite me being quite excited about it, and the trailer for Cars made me actually dread seeing the film which ended up actually being very good.

It’s sort of a reversal type thing, because Dreamworks trailers tend to be pretty funny and entertaining, but then you go and see the actual film and all the best bits were in the trailer, and the film itself is rubbish. I guess Pixar just has a hard time cutting down their films into shorter bits because they’re so amazing. :laughing: But I still enjoyed the Up trailer in that it satisfied my curiosity quite a bit- it just isn’t a great trailer for someone who’s never heard of Up.

By the way, is [spoil]Charles Muntz’s name[/spoil] a homage to Charles Mintz? I just thought about that.

Despite the fact that it has been a few days since I first viewed the trailer, I shall reiterate what I stated on the Upcoming Pixar website some minutes after I’d witnessed another dose of pure, unfiltered Pixar brilliance…

“I’ve been sitting here for about ten minutes trying to think of words worthy enough to describe this trailer. Apparently, there are none….”

To date, I’ve watched the trailer about seven times and I’m still not tired of it. That said, I partly agree with what Netbug009 said.* To touch base with what Kolya, a member of the boards, said on the Upcoming Pixar website, it did seem a little too… child-friendly. Not that that’s a bad thing, but I’ve seen better trailers, as well. Still, I enjoyed it immensely.

Was anyone else reminded of The Wizard of Oz while watching one section of the trailer? You know which one I’m talking about. 1:13 - 1:17 into the clip…

The personalities of Carl and Russell come off as more and more charming by the minute. I love Carl’s tender history, and Russell’s buoyant demeanor. Pixar is just… teasing us with these clips.

Dug is adorable. Did you see the fur on that thing? The amount of detail that is incorporated into Pixar’s films is nothing less than astounding. Not to mention, they got all of the little quirks and personality traits that dogs harness and transported them into this character (e.g., when Dug wags his tail a few seconds after saying, “Squirrel!” and then turning back to face Carl). Incredible.

Kevin is an interesting individual, as well. I’m not too crazy about her at the moment, but we’ve only seen a few shots of her, so I shouldn’t judge just yet.

See, now, that’s what I love about Pixar: They don’t follow the norm and, instead, wander from the already well-beaten path. I always assumed that Dug’s mouth would move when he talked, but I’m glad that Pixar decided to choose a different route.

lizardgirl - I always assumed that Muntz [spoil]owned all the dogs presented in the film, including Dug, since all of the canines have the same type of collar.[/spoil] Dug must be the black sheep of the lot or something, or perhaps he is an outcast due to his friendly nature?

Bryko614 - Hmm. That’s interesting. I never thought of that before. I looked up Charles Mintz on the internet, and I wouldn’t be surprised if Pixar intentionally referenced him in their latest film.

As a personal note, I wanted to mention something that I found to be a bit ironic…

I hope that it’s all right to post up another screenshot from the film. Well, here it is, in any case:

Now, some time after it was revealed that Up involved sequences of jungle action, the very shot that you see (above) popped up into my mind. I’m not sure how soon I thought of it, but it was before the latest trailer for Up was released. I was waiting to see this very picture… of Carl’s house floating above the entrance to an elephantine cave… Since I used to watch a lot of shows on Animal Planet, jungles now equal caves to me, so that probably has something to do with it. This shot in particular reminds me of a Jeff Corwin episode. Heh. I love it. :smiley:

– Mitch

*By the way, your comments had me cracking up, Netbug. “Fingernails on chalkboard.” (snigger) The soundtrack wasn’t that bad! :laughing:

Administrators/Moderators: If my decision to upload a shot from the upcoming Pixar production, Up, is deemed illegitimate or unnecessary, please do not hesitate to remove it from the premises.