Night and Day (Toy Story 3's Short)

Yeah, well, I like silent short films the most even in live action.

I think silent short films are usually the better too.

Well yes, for those of us who pay attention. But I’m guessing the general public as a whole doesnt notice the differences between different studio’s movies…I still sometimes have to tell people who Pixar is. I’m like, “They made Toy Story, Finding Nemo, Cars?” and they’re like “ohhhhh…that’s them?”

Who’s better. Day or Night?

Night has more glamour, while day is more beautiful (or atleast that’s what I think), so I put them equal.

It’s hard for me, But I guess Day.

This is my favourite short. It is so cool. :mrgreen:

This is one of my favorites too.

It is so AWESOME!

For sure!

Yep it is. I love the Lase Vegas part.

I was just thinking about this short the other day. The timing of the animation with the music is just so spectacular! The 3-D was so cool too. It was worth seeing TS3 in 3-D if anything because of how good this short looked in it. 8D

^My regret. Not seeing that movie, or short, in 3D. I didn’t have a choice. We have two theatres in town. And one plays ‘classy’ movies. An since they have a deal with Lasseter bc he’s a big donater, they play his films there. And they do not offer 3D there.

This short is amazing, as is it’s music, especially Night Follows Day. I’ve been listening to it a lot lately.

Did anyone notice the indirect, subtle implication or hint of homosexuality in this short film? When I was watching it in the movie theater that is what I thought the message was.

A lot of people have commented that in forums and such, but I’m sure it’s not what the film intended.

Yeah, I didn’t see it really, and I don’t think it was intended, if that is what people are seeing. I think in general people like to sexualize things in general, so I’m not surprised.

Exactly. Whenever something has a message about tolerance to those who are different in general, it becomes tolerance to those who are different in their sexuality.

Of course that case is also included in the film’s moral, but it’s not the only one.

I wasn’t trying to sexualize anything. I was just trying to watch an animated PIXAR movie and what was presented before me came across that way. Oh well. Not important- just sharing.

I’m not accusing you of anything or saying that you’re wrong.

As Spirit rightfully pointed out, the film is about tolerance. So sexuality can be under that umbrella, but I just think the film is about tolerance in general, not solely regarding Homosexuality.