No more "newt?"

LOL, I meant to say DM (Despicable Me!) My bad XD

And MM is Megamind

Ah that makes sense now! :laughing:

I find it quite sad that Newt has been cancelled, but I do fear that if it wouldn’t have been, it would’ve unjustly overshadowed Rio…

Perhaps Pixar will try to release it a few years later, or something similar, at least. That’s what I think.

Usually when movies ar shelved, they don’t get back in production.

To be honest, I’m not fretting about the loss. Did Pixar not start a film called Monkey or something, which got scrapped due to money contrainsts? I know that was back in the day, but you don’t hear much discussion on that. You win some, you lose some. :slight_smile:

Very nicely put!

There are so many films like Newt. Princess and the Frog, Alpha and Omega, Rio, for example. Even if Newt was thought of first, it would’ve come out after all these similar ones. We don’t want Pixar to look like a copier. Because of it, Newt would probably bomb, no matter how awesome it would have been. If only it had come out 3 or 4 years ago. While I’m positive Newt would’ve ended up near the top of my list of Pixar favorites, I think it’s for the best.

I know Newt is cancelled, but do you guys think we could still have this?

pixarplanet.com/forums/viewt … =30&t=9766

I totally forgot all about newt. In fact, when I saw the headline for this thread, I thought of Gingrich.

I don’t think Newt will be “Dead in the dirt” They could bring it back with some story changes.

Honestly, I was never really excited for this movie. So when it was cancelled, I wasn’t exactly contemplating suicide myself. I guess it would be a nice little flick if they ever resurrected it though.

I thought the project had some potential.

I’m sure it would. It could be good.

Yeah, could of been up to par with Ratatouille, Wall-E and Up which were risky films from Pixar.

For the time being, maybe it’s for the best. If Pixar had gone ahead with making Newt, everyone would be comparing it to Alpha and Omega and Rio.

Give the folks over at Pixar some time. Remember, the original versions of Wall-E and Cars were scrapped and brought back years after they were canned. They’ll probably bring it back in a few years or so with some story changes.

Oh wow, I totally forgot that that movie existed.

Yep, still no more “newt”. For now.

Like I said, give these folks at Pixar some time. How many times has Pixar redone something that was “dead-in-the-dirt” years after they say it’s cancelled.

If they don’t make Newt, which I’m anticipating, I hope Pixar releases the storyboard reel/concept artwork on a DVD special feature or something. I’m sure there’s a lot of that stuff out there, even if it’s incomplete. I’m still kinda sad that this movie was scrapped, though for obvious reasons.