No more "newt?"

I don’t think Newt will be “Dead in the dirt” They could bring it back with some story changes.

Honestly, I was never really excited for this movie. So when it was cancelled, I wasn’t exactly contemplating suicide myself. I guess it would be a nice little flick if they ever resurrected it though.

I thought the project had some potential.

I’m sure it would. It could be good.

Yeah, could of been up to par with Ratatouille, Wall-E and Up which were risky films from Pixar.

For the time being, maybe it’s for the best. If Pixar had gone ahead with making Newt, everyone would be comparing it to Alpha and Omega and Rio.

Give the folks over at Pixar some time. Remember, the original versions of Wall-E and Cars were scrapped and brought back years after they were canned. They’ll probably bring it back in a few years or so with some story changes.

Oh wow, I totally forgot that that movie existed.

Yep, still no more “newt”. For now.

Like I said, give these folks at Pixar some time. How many times has Pixar redone something that was “dead-in-the-dirt” years after they say it’s cancelled.

If they don’t make Newt, which I’m anticipating, I hope Pixar releases the storyboard reel/concept artwork on a DVD special feature or something. I’m sure there’s a lot of that stuff out there, even if it’s incomplete. I’m still kinda sad that this movie was scrapped, though for obvious reasons.

I agree, though they could bring it back with some changes in the story.

I mean, changing the animals’ color from blue to something else is a simple thing, but I think the basic plot is what’s too similar to Rio. Or Alpha and Omega, though I’m not sure because I haven’t seen that. Change the plot and what’s left? A completely different story, it seems.

Which films did they do that for?

I didn’t see A and O either, but that’s what it’s about. Also Ice Age 2.

They did that with Wall-E and Cars.

I don’t know why some of you guys will just accept that Newt is dead. If you want to keep it alive make a fanfic or sig. But I don’t see a reason for Pixar to bring it back. We gotta learn that not all their ideas will come through, and Newt is one of them. If another film gets cancalled in the future, we will be more prepared for ir since Newt was pretty much the first one. I did make a topic for Newt to make a theme for it. We could have a cool slogan that we can come up with and it’s pictures will be the art. It will be diffrent from the others.

This probably already has been said on this forum, but it’s interesting to note we actually have got a nice quantity (a total of more than 30) of newt concept art:
facebook.com/media/set/?set= … 5245929077
pixarblog.de/filme-2/newt-20 … on-deamer/

That concept art is incredible, it really makes me wish that the film hadn’t been cancelled.

I see where you’re coming from. Although I am still sad about the film’s cancellation, I look forward to some of Pixar’s upcoming projects. Maybe they’ll resume Newt development though no one really knows.

I would of rather have Newt then Cars 2. But if it’s gone, it’s gone. There’s nothing we can do about it.

fastcompany.com/3027549/less … d-commerce

Ed Catmull revealed some shocking new revelations about the cancellation of Newt. One of them is that, shortly before its cancellation, the reigns had been given to Pete and it eventually led to Inside Out happening.