Notification Problem

Okay, the “Always notify me of replies” option and the “Notify on new Private Message” option are both bubbled in “yes” howeve, I don’t get any emails that tell me when someone replies to one of my posts. In addition, I don’t get a little box that tells me that I get a new PM, let alone an email, telling me.

Can someone help?

This has been happening to me as well. A few days ago I got a private message and didn’t get notified up the top and had to manually go and look to see that I got a new one, which is a bit annoying, obviously. It seems to be back to normal now, though.

Hmm. That’s odd. If I were you, I would alert bawpcwpn or “Mell” to the issue at hand, as they might be able to help you out.

– Mitch

Mell would be the one to deal with such issues.

That is why I posted it in the troubleshooting section, hoping someone who knows how to fix it can fix it.

Well it works just fine for me. :confused:

~~ JOHN•E

I think maybe because you are new and that is why it works so much. I haven’t got a notification in about a year or longer.

ARRRGH! The private messaging system just keeps getting crazier and crazier!

When I try to preview a message, it comes up blank. Like this:

Not sure if it actually affects the sending of the private message but it makes hard to send a message without previewing it first. I tried logging out then clearing my cache, then logging back in and trying again, but it still did the same thing. Please help.

Sorry guys, I’ve been trying to replicate these problems, but I can’t.

Rachel, does the preview not work on every message you try to send, or could there have been something in the message that was getting hidden? Do you want to send some test PMs to me and we’ll see if we can crack it?

Star Swordsman, I can’t see anything wrong with the notification code – have you tried deleting old received and sent messages? There’s a limit of 100 received, 50 saved and 50 sent for everyone – the code may act up a little if you go over this, so I’d suggest pruning out the old messages! I upped the received message limit to 100 from 75 to see if it would help matters, but definitely clear out your old messages anyway.

Well, everytime I get a PM, I always read then delete. BUt even with an empty inbox, savebox, and outbot, my notification problem still doesn’t work.

Thanks for trying to fix the problem, Mell_O_Drama.

I tried writing and previewing a message the next day, and it seemed to be back to normal, but if it happens again I’ll post here.

I was on PP yesterday and I refreshed the page and it said I had 1 new message, but when I clicked on it, there were no new messages in my inbox. Not sure if this is a glitch or what… The only explanation I can think of if someone sent me a message, but a few seconds later, deleted it from their outbox, which deleted the message from my inbox, but the notification still remained, if that makes sense.

I remember sending you a PM recently rachel. Maybe it was me.

Well, try sending it again, maybe.