Oz The Great and Powerful thoughts?

[b]Did any of you see the movie? I did I thought it was fantastic I was at the edge of my seat. The cinematography was epic, I wished I had spent a little more money and seen it in 3D definitely
worth watching again.

Aside from that I also bought a limited edition Disney store replica of the China Girl it’s made of resin. [/b]

China Girl Oz Disney Store Limited Edition of 500 by ToyStoryFan1, on Flickr

^That’s a lovely statue. I haven’t even seen the film, and I want one!

I’m surprised there aren’t more posts on this thread. It seems to be a big film, you know? If I see this in theatres, it’ll be at the discount theatre in a few months. I’m low on money.

Cool merch, man. I’m glad you enjoyed it, you should consider 3-D for your rewatch if you can save up for it.

It’s got middling reviews so far, mostly critical of James Franco’s portrayal of The Wizard. I’m kinda on the fence for seeing this in theatres. I’ve been meaning to watch Django Unchained (which just premiered last week) and there’s the fully-sick G.I. Joe Retaliation out this week.

And then there’s Tom Cruise’s sci-fi epic Oblivion and the Gerard Butler Die-Hard-in-the-White-House action-adventure Olympus Has Fallen next month… so I’m really stretched thin here.

And I was disappointed by Disney’s Alice In Wonderland, but then again I was impressed by John Carter… gaaaahhh… so many films, so little time (and moolah)! But I’m mostly optimistic that it’ll be a treat for Baum fans.

Has anyone else seen Oz and can vouch for its greatness and powerful…ness?

I havent seen it yet, but ive seen the trailer and it looks quite good. :slight_smile:

I haven’t seen the movie, but I want too. I love the LE China Girl, but she isn’t worth 180$ to me. Most things aren’t, and I don’t know if I like her as a character yet.

I watched the film yesterday. And it was WEIRD!

I really liked the film. It was spectacular and exciting and unconventional! You could definitely see Sam Raimi’s distinctive style come through at some points. The only criticism that I would make is that I really didn’t like Franco’s portrayal of the Wizard. It didn’t engage me at all. Other than that, I would definitely recommend this film!

I really wanted to see this one, but I think I am too late with seeing it in cinemas.

Come think of it, I’ve never seen any Wizard of Oz stuff before, at least not in their entirety. I want to, though, because I dig classic movies and the fantasy theme. And this more recent one seems really epic.

^omg, go see The Wizard of Oz right now!