ParaNorman

Well, I suppose this is being made…this is what I could find out about it:

My source being Wikipedia, it could be fake, I suppose. Anyway, it sounds interesting…I just worry about the word “thriller,” since I typically think of thrillers as being Rated R, and there is only one Rated R animated film I know of…

Also, if Wikipedia is right, it’s made by the people who gave us Coraline.

what is the only R rated film that you know of?

What? This sounds sketch, like what studio is it from?

I definitely have confidence in Laika, especially in doing something a little more serious, so I’m excited for this.

Oh, okkay. It’s good nowing that it’s coming from a studio (Laika). Thanks Bryko!

Oh, okkay. It’s good nowing that it’s coming from a studio (Laika). Thanks Bryko!

Apparently Jon Brion is doing the score:
hollywoodreporter.com/news/j … ted-201365

The Eternal Sunshine score is fantastic, so I can’t wait :smiley:

Interesting. I sincerely doubt this will be rated R, however. I remember Laika staff saying something about making “scary movies for children”. Coraline was basically a tame horror film for kids, so I’m hoping this can pull that off just as gracefully.

This is the best animated movie trailer I’ve seen in a while:
youtube.com/watch?v=zZA0mC38540

After seeing this trailer, I don’t know if I’m anticipating this or Brave more. And kudos to Laika for choosing an awesome song for the trailer! I love Donovan! :smiley: Does anybody else think that it kind of looks like a CGI film?

New trailer!
cartoonbrew.com/feature-film … ler-2.html

This movie looks right up my street. Definitely my most anticipated animated movie of 2012.

I’m anticipating this movie, mainly because I’ve enjoyed Laika’s animation style quite a bit so far. They produce stunning work. I also felt Coraline was one of the best animated films of the last few years.

Definitely looks interesting! And Coraline was a great movie. I hope there won’t be too many 6th sense references (as in, what we’ve seen in the trailer scenes will be the only one in the movie at all, if even that). But could certainly be a good one!

Another new trailer that continues to look promising:
trailers.apple.com/trailers/focu … aranorman/

I really love the color palettes in this movie. And most of the jokes actually work pretty well, which is unusual for an animated trailer to me.

Love the [spoil]“REDRUM”[/spoil] on the refrigerator by the way. :stuck_out_tongue:

This keeps looking better and better. These are exceptionally good trailers too, given my usual reaction to the trailers of even good animated films. I actually laughed at the end too. High hopes!

And I quite like the choice of Donovan in the trailers too. I wonder if his music will actually be used in the film.

Looks good! I loved Coraline, and this looks no exception.

The trailer didn’t interest me so much.

Saw the trailer for this and I think it looks pretty cool :slight_smile:. It’s on my to see list anyways.

I could see myself renting this or buying it at the used book store. I probably won’t be able to see it in theaters though.

Such a good movie!

Probably the funniest animated movie I’ve ever seen. Typically I get a smile or two from an animated comedy, but I was laughing the entire time with this. I was surprised, because I was worried the humor would be too immature and obvious. But it strikes a great balance between being for kids and adults, and when it gets edgier it’s hilarious and doesn’t rely on cheap pop culture references.

Great characters, absolutely gorgeous animation (the climax is probably the most stunning piece of stop motion to date) and fantastic music. I have to say that the beginning is a bit too slow and some sub-plots get resolved somewhat abruptly ([spoil]Norman’s relationship wtih his dad[/spoil]) but it’s still satisfying, funny, and emotional.

Overall it’s my favorite animated movie of the year so far. Coraline might have more artistic merit, but ParaNorman is much more entertaining. Definitely see it in theaters while you can.