PBP RPGs?

Okay, I know this is nothing “technical,” but since I couldn’t find a help forum anywhere else in this board, I hope you wouldn’t mind if I post this here.

See, most other forums would include this section called the “RPG Forum” where people would create “Play-By-Post Role Playing Games,” and since this board does not have one, I was wondering if it is alright if I create an RPG in the “Off-Topic” forum?

I am pretty sure it would be kind of fun, too, so, is it acceptable?

I think that sounds like a pretty cool idea. So we’d all write our posts in the character of whatever Pixar character we’ve chosen?

Yep, but it is a tradition that you would have good writing skills when you sign up - to make the story more interesting. Of course, you do not need to be Shakespeare or something; just have a good sense of grammar and spelling.

This idea can be sprouted successfully, so I hope this can be approved.

I know what character LG’s going to be! and Me!

I am actually thinking of a mafia (the party game) RP with a crossover genre to start with. I call Bob! :smiley:

what kind of posting would we do for the story.

cuz that sounds great.

I know what movie TSS would choose to pick his character from.

Hmmmm…i think i could pick a character soon.

It really depends on the type of RP.

If it is a normal story-telling RP, then I would create the first post as the beginning of the story (if I am the Game Master/creator of the game) to start off the RP, and then I would continue in describing my character’s point of view in third person (as most, if not all PBP RPGs are in third person POVs).

Then, for other type of RPs, such as mine, there are rules and regulations that would be posted in the ‘Sign Up Thread’ where everyone will, well, sign up for the RP (they will play out the RP in another thread created after an amount of applications are in).

No worries, though; it is easier than it seems. I will just wait for a day or so before a moderator passes by or something. If no mod responds to this, I will just take my risk and create it first in the “Off-Topic” forum.

Sounds good.

You know, Dash once suggested RPGs for PIxar Planet, but the idea kinda died due to lack of intrest, but it seems that people seem to be excited and willing to do this. I would say yes, but I think PV would have to give you the final approval before it can be carried out.

I am only used to the classic story-telling RPG, but I love the game mafia, and I never seen in used in an RPG game online.

well we have had lots of new users.