Pixar Comics

Thanks for the date on this, TSS. I agree with thedriveintheatre- this sounds so exciting, and as long as they stay true to their original forms, this should be pretty cool.

I heard the people at BOOM Comics worked really close with Pixar to make sure that the story stay true to the characters as well as keep the door open to possible sequels in the future.

I can’t wait. They look great!

I think I have found a preview sample for one of the Pixar comics a week ago. If I can find it, would anyone like to see it?

yes yes yes …

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:… hope you find it TSS or I’ll

The Incredibles (4 covers) and Cars (2 covers) comics will be released March 25th, 2009.

Here is The Incredibles: boom-studios.net/catalogsear … ncredibles

Here is Cars: boom-studios.net/catalogsear … lt/?q=cars

Please read my post on Upcoming Pixar for more information.

Wow! They look awesome! Thanks for the links, martini833.
can’t wait for 'em…

Wow they look so awsome! I want to buy them all!

I love the style of the The Incredibles ones, as they look like the proper old Marvel comics and that sort of thing, which works really well with that Pixar film. The Cars one actually surprises me, as it too has a very comic-y style, which I didn’t think would work with Cars, but actually looks pretty cool! Thanks for the links, martini.

I really like the TI ones. If you look at it, try putting it together. It is just like a puzzle.

The artist for the Incredibles comic put up a spread from the first issue.
marciotakara.deviantart.com/art/ … -108865454

Can’t wait until March…

Oh my goodness. I have been bouncing in my seat after seeing the preview pages. I can not wait for this baby to be released.

I’ll probably skip the Cars and The Incredbles ones. If one was ever sold here with WALL•E I’d buy it. I’d also be more likely to buy them if they were written by people from Pixar. But either way it’s good to see the Pixar universes being expanded upon.

I’d have to see what these comics are like. I’m not sure if I’d be too into them if they’re like, kiddie comics or something.

That’s a good point, lennonluvr9. It’d be great if the comics can achieve the same balance between entertainment for both children and adults that the films did.

THe creator of the comics confirmed two points. First, he said that he worked with Pixar to make sure that the story does not ruin the characters and their universe, but it also is a good story, something That Pixar would tell if they were going to make a sequel. Second, the creator said that while the comic may be aimed at little kids, he would want the comics to be entertaining for the older audience as well.

Here’s some more information on The Incredibles comics, including an interview with writer Mark Waid.
Fast Facts: The comics are titled, The Incredibles: Family Matters, Cars: The Rookie and Toy Story: The Mysterious Stranger.
Read the full interview/article here: comicbookresources.com/?page … e&id=19629

Thank you for sharing this article martin. In addition to a good read on the Pixar comics, we get an additional two preview pages for the TI comic. I am so excited for it to come out.

Hey guys, I found a very intresting article on the TI Comic. Writer Mark Waid talks about the story arcs and how each arc is a separate story and how it each leads up to the bigger story in the end. If you saw the preview pages, you get the name of the villain that attacks the Metroville Zoo and what he has done to all of the animals. More information about the comic can be found here.

[url]Newsarama | GamesRadar+

All I can say is that I trust Mark Waid on the incredibles…pretty much 100%

He is one of the best writers in comics currently working, and he wrote some of the best stories of the fantastic four in absolute decades.

Fantastic four, famously being a comic about a family of superheroes.

He knows how to tell mature stories but can manage to do so whilst appealing to all ages in the process.

Basically, if he can write anything half as good as some of this…Well, i can’t actually find an examples on the internet.

However…I have such good faith in Mark Waid’s skills as a writer…that if the incredibles isn’t any good. I will personally by a hat and eat it.

The cars book could go either way :laughing: