Pixar Impersonations/Impressions

Violet as a shy girl is easy.

Just sound as shy, unconfident and quiet as you can. NIt also helps to include acting tips when you try to do an

impression. It helps me.

The Star Swordsman - Indeed. But what about the correct

voice inflections and such of the character? Anyone can sound shy and uncomfortable, but they would just be doing

it in their own, unique way and voice. It’s getting the perfect tone and pitch of the character in question that

makes it sound believable. :wink:

As for those acting tips: Goodness knows I could use some of those. :stuck_out_tongue:

In orde for me to do a good shy VIolet voice, I recall a time where I was about to

panic because I was next to a girl that I really like. All of the energey comes into my voice and that is how I

make the monotonic voice sound better.

Ahh…I see. Yes, I recall the Pixar artists doing the same thing. They will try to capture a

certain emotion for a character by attempting to experience what they are going through. It is really

interesting, which makes your technique all the more cool. I should try that more often…

When I want to do a character like a randome civilian in

the background, I don’t know anything about that character, so I come up with a little back-story/biograghy

about that minor character, and just go for it. Say for example, Tony’s friends, people in the streets when

Syndrome “saved” them.

Even Squeaker? :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

I love to

imitate Dash and Crush the most, but when I speak with a normal voice, I can sound like Violet.

And in my

opinion, AJ sounds like a male Violet. ;-p

~~=oP

Yes PV. I can even do sqweeker! It is a cat

for goodness sake. :stuck_out_tongue:

The Star Swordsman -

Interesting technique. I like it. Kind of funny that

you can do Squeaker, too, but animals are pretty easy to immitate.

:wink:

I second that. :laughing:

And let us not forget our very own Dash, who

is the exact clone of Mr. Stanton/Edna Mode.

The Star Swordsman - Oh yes, we can’t forget about

Dash. He’s incredible. He looks like Andrew Stanton, yet sounds like Edna Mode.

Bizarre, yet cool. :mrgreen:

And we can’t forget how our very

own Tonyloaf sounds like Dory. I wonder if she still hasn’t gotten over this. :laughing:

Haha! I forgot about that… :laughing:

Am I the only one here who thinks

that TonyLoaf does not sound like Dory? Her second cousin twice removed, maybe.

:wink:

I think I can do a good Bruce

from finding nemo. BUt my best friend could do it better. He has an Austrilian accent.

I try to

imitate them whenever I quote a Pixar movie (which is quite often). I honestly dont know how good I am at it.

Although I think i’m pretty good at doing Mater and my friend told me I was good at imitating Bruce.

[size=92]I can kind of do Dory. And my brother

can impersonate HEAPS of characters from movies, but is particularly good at doing the voice of John

Ratzenberger. :slight_smile: And even though this one isn’t Pixar-related, he can also do a perfect impression of Gollum.

Lol…[/size]

I’m not to good at impressions. When I try to do

them, I think I sound like the person I’m trying to imitate. But everyone else is

like “Man, you sound awful!” :unamused:

…So I just do imitations when I’m alone, and no one can

hear me. And because I think I sound good, it gives me a morale boost! :wink:

Gasduude - Haha – the same

thing applies to me, as well! It sounds, to me, like I’m doing a perfect impression of a character’s voice; but

when I do it front of an audience, they’re not so impressed. (snigger) :laughing:

My sister, on the other

hand…

Gassdude: I do that sometimes too. ven in my showe, I

decide to voice act instead of sing. People stare at me afte wards.

[b]TSS and

Mitch[/b] - I’m glad I’m not alone! :smiley: I’m guessing it’s got something to do with the brain.

Because you are the one trying to voice a paticular person, your brain “calibrates” your voice to as

close as it can get. So you here something that sounds almost perfect to you, but to everyone else… :confused:

Now some people on the other hand, like your sister Mitch, their

“calibrations” are close enough to the real thing. Also, this would explain why some people can do only

certain voices.

Here is what is really hard. Not only geting

the voice right, but acting like the actacter perfectly is kinda hard too. How the heck can one be Edna when I am

freaking talker than her?!