Pixar In-jokes in WALL•E

that might have some truth to it…would be good to look for it…lots of places.

Rachel: Andrew Stanton voices one of the two lazy humans in the opening scene on the Axiom, one of the two that are talking on their holo-screens, but are right next to each other. Source, one of the WALL-E making of video podcasts.

I found 2 references for UP, but ain’t going to spot them out now.

awww…common tell us.

Never :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:, well untill the DVD comes out.

LOL

very well…we will all have to wait [looks around at users watching]

Thanks Martin. I’ll keep an ear out for Andrew next time that scene comes up.

Wow, azzstar! Two Up references? Can’t wait to find out what they are!

Surprised this hasn’t been mentioned before (apologies if it has) because it’s SO obvious once you spot it, and it’s such a tongue-in-cheek in-joke by Pixar, but [spoil]the lookalike junk creation of EVE that WALL•E creates for her, one of the arms is a paint roller brush, and the other is the Luxo lamp![/spoil]

I really didn’t notice that, Rachel! :laughing: Mind you, it’s been a very, very long time since I saw WALL-E. I’ll most certainly look out for that the next time I watch it; thanks for the heads-up!

A Few Wall-e Easter Eggs! (Sorry if already mentioned)

Hammy: The character John Ratzenberger voiced in Toy Story appeats in WALL-E’s truck. See the photo below, Hammy can be found left of EVE’s head.

Skinner’s Scooter: The scooter Skinner used in Ratatouille can be found in the trashpile early in the film. See photot below.

Hidden Mickey: A subtle formation of a silhouette of the head of Mickey Mouse and his two ears can be found in many Disney films. In The Incredibles, when Mr. Incredible was launched off the airplane to the island, several trees on top of a hill form a hidden Mickey. In WALL-E, a hidden Mickey can be found in the background of a scene on earth (seen above on the upper left corner)

All I can say is that you have a very, very good eye, -Pixfan-. :laughing: Thanks for showing those to us, and welcome to the boards! :smiley:

wow! never woulda seen those in a million years! thanx!

Those images are from here:
slashfilm.com/2008/06/27/wall-e-easter-eggs/

Oh yeah, I had bookmarked that slashfilm page before I’d seen the movie, planning to look at it afterwards but totally forgot about it. Some of the comments on that page have some really good in-jokes, too. Thanks for posting them, -PixFan- and for posting the link, Spark.

MORE Wall-E Easter Eggs…

Pizza Planet Truck.

(Couldn’t Get A113)

John Ratzenberger Voices The Character On The Right.

Rex “Toy” In Wall-E’s “House”

“Bolt”, The Upcoming Disney Movie Character can be seen as a “Toy”

The Piston Cup can be Seen in Wall-E.

The “Pixar Lamp” can be seen as “Eve’s Sculpture” Arm.

Eve & Wall-E quickly Pass by “Burn-E”.

Crush From Finding Nemo Can be seen at the End Credits.

The Bird From A Bug’s Life Can be Seen at The End Credits.

-PixFan- - I’ve never been able to find Rex before, neat! And I knew that bobble-head dog must have been from somewhere. That award I don’t think is the Piston Cup because according to my WALL•E sticker book, that trophy says “World’s Best Dad” on it - a mass-produced award by BNL, of course. :stuck_out_tongue:

-PixFan- - Cool. I never could catch Rex in the film before either, so thanks for confirming it. Heheh. :wink:

As for the bird: I’m pretty sure that that’s not the bird from A Bug’s Life. Both the species and the colors of each bird are different.

– Mitch

Oooh Pixfan, Excellent finda. Wih screencaps provided as well. Cool.

I knew that! Cockroaches are invulnerable!
(not an easter egg, but… :slight_smile: )

Wikipedia says:

Don’t you think this can somehow be a cameo of Remy from Ratatouille? :slight_smile: