Pixar Planet Awards

Wow…well i hope we can get the awards completed. It would be a shame to let the thread die…

Get it done soon!!!

I’m excited 2 see it!!!

Wow, I totally forgot about this! I was checking to see if anything was decided yet, although it looks like nothing has.

I agree, what’s going on?

-EIA-

We are just waiting for the approval from Pixar Vixen…

Hey everyone. I know you all were all excited about these Pixar Planet Awards. Well now, nominations have officially started. (Well, they started about 2 days ago, but oh well). I encourage you all to check out the Pixar Planet Awards - Nominations (Rules and Categories) thread and start sending in your nominations. Most of you really wanted to do this. Well, here is your chance. Come join the fun.

Well done, TSS and Rachel, for organising all of this! You should both get an award for making the Pixar Planet awards. :laughing:

TS2: Rules to nominate are located in the Pixar Planet Awards, Rules and Categories thread.

Editted by TSS.

TS2 - You did not read the rules properly. Your votes are meant to be private, not to mention you haven’t answered every category. Please read the rules carefully in the link TSS provided and nominate again via a PM.

:slight_smile: Thank you. You wouldn’t believe the amount of time it takes to do something like this… but hopefully it will be worth it. And maybe we should create an award: “Best Pixar Planet Award Organisers” Heheh.

Rachel - I never got a chance to say this, but… this was an awesome idea! Props to you and The Star Swordsman for arranging it. :smiley:

By the way, I was wondering whether or not a “Best Fan Commentary” award should be given out? If it would be too much of a hassle (and/or too timely) to listen to all of the current commentaries though, then that’s perfectly understandable. I’m just curious. :slight_smile:

– Mitch

I just looked at the categories and … I don’t apply to any of them. :laughing: Ah well, winning isn’t everything, right? Maybe if I were on here enough and contributed stuff like art or whatever, I’d have a chance. :stuck_out_tongue:

FONY: You aren’t the first person who I told this to. BUt everyone here has a chance. I am sure there will be some categories where people will nominate you.

FONY - Oh, don’t worry. You’re a great contributer to these boards. I’m sure you’ll win something! And even if you don’t, it’s the heart that counts… and the fandom. (heheh) :wink:

The Star Swordsman - Just to inform you, I still won’t have time to send in my nominations for the awards today, but I promise you that I’ll definitely send them in before the due date. I will, however, submit some of my best work in the “Pixar Planet Awards - For Your Consideration” thread tonight.

I hope that that’s all right. My apologies for my lateness. I’ve been rather busy these past few days. :blush:

– Mitch

That’s perfectly fine Mitch. No need to rush.

The Star Swordsman - Thank you very much. :wink:

I recently submitted my entries in the “For Your Consideration” thread, so those are now available for viewing. I’ll go over the official nominations as soon as possible.

– Mitch

Ok, I’ll shut up. :blush:

Don’t feel bad. If you wish to nominate, check out the Nominations (Rules and Categories) thread, follow the rules, and PM me your nominations TS2.

Thanks very much. :smiley:

Yeah, that idea did come up, but the only commentaries that have been done are practices, which tend to get better and better as time goes on, so of course some are going to be better than others… But hopefully by next year we would have completed a few feature-length commentaries (if not all of them), so we could definitely have an award for Best Commentary next year, sure. Also, Pixar commentaries is open for nomination as ‘Favorite Fandom Medium’ for this year’s awards. :wink:

You mean for the art categories…? I can think of a few you would be eligible for. Because this is the first awards, even if you created art that is from last year, that could still win a category. But next year there may be a time limit on what work can win (depending on when it was posted on the forums.) And I could see you being nominated for other awards, but we’ll just have to see. Make your vote count for who you think should be nominated/win, too. =)

Rachel - You’re most welcome!

As far as the fan commentaries go: Ah, I see. Well, that’s perfectly understandable. You’re right: We should wait until we have several, feature-length commentaries on hand.

Oh really?? I didn’t know that. Thanks for letting me know! :smiley:

– Mitch

Hey ! I’m currently in the process of filling in my nominations, and I have some questions regarding this topic :

• Can you nominate the same member several times in only one category ? In the “Best artwork” category for example, are we allowed to nominate two or three artworks from only one artist ?

• Could you be more specific about these categories :
    Most Informative Member
    Best Artist - Other
    Best Artwork - Other Category

That’s it. Sorry if these questions have already been asked :wink: