Pixar Planet Chat-O-Rama! - Chatroom Session Timings

I’ll have to see if I can make it to the chat tonight!

What an awesome idea.

I’m really looking forward to the next session! Just over an hour now left :smiley:

A few of us are in there already, so get in here as soon as you can!

So how did it go, Planeteers? :wink:

thedriveintheater, it was fun, there was a max of 10 in there. For the first hour we lambasted the Academy and their bias against sequels and people were saying TS3 wouldn’t win Best Animated Feature. After that, I left, but i think that lizardgirl could fill you in. :wink:

Hm… I wonder why… listens to HTTYD soundtrack

Well, I wish I was there! I’ll think up of this week’s sessions and post them soon, but if you guys want to go ahead organize your own meetings, feel free to go ahead! :slight_smile:

The session went really well! It seems from the discussion points pixarfan mentioned that I disagreed with many people in the conversation.

We also discussed insects, the color purple, and our future careers and goals, as well as our favorite Pixar Easter eggs.

I’m looking forward to the next Chat-o-rama! This time worked well for me.

Those things happened in the latter part of the chat, iirc. We also discussed Academy Awards and our favorite Pixar directors.

These chat sessions are so much fun! Yesterday was great!

Man, I wish I could have been there! :frowning: We should do one this coming Saturday, since I think I might be able to make it. (Saturdays are easiest.) Time suggestions? I’m on the East Coast (EST), and pretty much any time is good. Now I’m not sure how long I’ll be able to be on, since this laptop gives me a hard time and I haven’t gotten my new one yet, but I’ll do my best. :wink: I really want to talk with you guys!

No, seriously. TS3 is going to have to be epic on about a hundred different levels to beat HtTYD. Haha, don’t even get me started on that one… I’ll definitely have some points to make on that during the chat! :stuck_out_tongue:

little chef

little_chef: I recalled you mentioned in a thread you live in Maine? I don’t know which is the closest city there… New York, perhaps? :question:

I think TS3 will be great, but I agree it’s up against some serious competition this year… DW might just give Pixar a run for its money this time! :slight_smile:

Here are proposed timings:

Week of 24th May to 30th May, 2010

Friday, 28 May 2010 at 00:00:00 UTC time

Saturday, 29 May 2010 at 13:00:00 UTC time

Sunday, 30 May 2010 at 06:00:00 UTC time

I reason most of us would be more free on weekends. Again, this is subject to change, so feel free to suggest any edits, or add any of your own for weekdays! And no pressure to attend, Real-Life comes first, and there’s always next week… :slight_smile:

I really, really enjoyed that chat session yesterday. We discussed so much stuff, and I especially liked talking to members that I perhaps haven’t had a chance to talk to much on the boards. I also can’t believe just how many people joined in! It was great.

Unfortunately the next three times aren’t any good for me, as the Friday one is very early in the morning and I work all weekend, but I’ll try and attend another one in the future.

I can probably make the “Friday” and “Sunday” times this week (I put them in quotes because, in my time zone, those happen on Thursday and Saturday).

Also, in case anyone was wondering, my predictions for the best animated feature nominees that sparked the discussion were:

How to Train Your Dragon (DreamWorks Animation)
The Illusionist (Django Films)
Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole (Village Roadshow Pictures)
Tangled (Walt Disney Animation Studios)
Toy Story 3 (Pixar Animation Studios)

IMHO, the Oscar will go to one of the first three.

On Saturday I am reminded of pearls to me, Saturday is the session that I think voi to attend.
Thanks for putting these hours for this week I come in handy.
Could someone put hours in Spain will be the second meeting?
Thank you very much.

I can make it to the first two but definitely not the third one. Considering it’s [spoil]2 AM[/spoil] where I live. :stuck_out_tongue:

TDIT: Yup, I do live in Maine… and actually the closest city on that list is Boston, MA, so I usually go by that one. I think I might be able to make the Thursday and Friday times, but I will definitely let you guys know if something comes up and I can’t make it. Hopefully you’ll be attending one of those sessions, TDIT, we still haven’t had our HtTYD discussion yet, and hopefully we can get a few fellow fans in there at the same time! :wink:

little chef

YES! I’ll probably be able to make it to the one Friday and Saturday! :smiley: something came up last minute Sunday so I couldn’t attend :frowning: but I’ll make sure to go to this one! :slight_smile:

lizardgirl - No worries! If you’re more free on weekdays, let me know and I can post a fourth meeting time. Or since you’re a mod, just add your proposal to my post. :wink:

Basil - Never heard of The Illusionist (I got confused with the live-action version)… but looks interesting…

Edu_22 - Just click on the links and look under… Madrid? Or find a city closer to you if possible…

pixarfan9099 - I won’t be attending all sessions anyway, either. I have one that’s at [spoil]4 PM[/spoil], and I’d probably be busy then. :slight_smile:

little_chef - Man, that sounds like a cold place. Most likely I’ll attend the one on Friday and Saturday (the first two). We really should launch a promotional campaign for Dragons, eheheh… :stuck_out_tongue:

woody - Great, me too! Prince of Persia is coming out this weekend, so I’m sure we’ll have tons to talk about… :smiley:

A thank you very much worth. "I think we’ll have to talk a lot about How to train your dragon.

Looking forward to ‘meeting’ you, Edu_22! :slight_smile: