Pixar Planet Chat-O-Rama! - Chatroom Session Timings

I will definitely try and make it! HTTYD was THE best Dreamworks movie I’ve ever seen. Plus, the IMAX 3D version was just totally mesmerizing.

Okay, I feel like a real jerk right now. I’m really sorry I messed you all up - I can keep the first time, since I’m home now and I didn’t think I’d be back this early. :blush: If it makes it easier, we can wait another half an hour just in case.

Honestly, wow. I feel really stupid for pushing it back that far, and I’m sorry if I screwed everyone up. :blush:

I’ll be in the chatroom in 10 minutes if everyone wants to keep the first time, and again so sorry for being so disorganized. If I do this again I’ll definitely try to plan it at least a week in advance.

little chef

Cool! If I can make it to tomorrow night’s session, it’ll be my first time in the chat room. And my mom and I just recently saw HTTYD and LOVED it, so I’m game! :smiley:

I have Relay For Life tomorrow night and won’t be able to make it.

Enjoy the discussion though!

I hope it goes well and you all have fun.

Remember to note the new time for Saturday little_chef has posted, peeps! And don’t sweat it if you’re late or something, it’s not like it’s an assignment so you won’t get graded or anything, and there’s always next week!

But do try to attend, since we always enjoy more company! :slight_smile:

I do want to remind everyone that tonight’s session is going to be a discussion of HtTYD, and if you haven’t seen the film/read the books and don’t want to be spoiled, I would kindly suggest not attending this session. Again, not to come off sounding rude, (I try very hard not to :blush:) but yes, it is exclusive to those who have seen the film, so that we may be able to discuss spoilers and whatnot and so it’s also fair to those who haven’t seen it yet. :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone! The chat starts in 10 minutes, so I hope to see all you fellow HtTYD fans there! :wink:

little chef

Well, it was an entertaining session. Topics covered: Movie soundtracks, a great HTTYD fanfic, Prince of Persia (and it’s failings), marriage, babies, anime, Pixar merchandise, Katsucksberg and his evil plot of world domination through Shrek glasses, upcoming fanfics by members (along with a revelation of my own!), some lucky Planeteers’ awesome parents, and the perfect job.

For HTTYD fans, little_chef is thinking of setting up exclusive sessions, so be sure to check the HTTYD thread for details. Otherwise, it’s back to general Pixar talk next week… and with Toy Story 3 around the corner, I’m sure there’s tons of talk indeed!

I’m thinking of setting up a ‘Session Theme’ to get things started and we see how the conversation flows from there. So naturally, this week’s theme will be about ‘Toy Story Trois’! :smiley: Stay tuned for session timings, or if you want, just post your own!

I’d love to join in with a discussion of Toy Story 3 at some point, but I’m guessing it’s going to be very spoilerific? It’s probably best if I stay away until I see it for myself at the end of July. :laughing:

LG, I can put a disclaimer in this post on a No-Spoiler Policy. In fact I’ll do it right now:

Please refrain from posting any spoilers regarding Toy Story 3 during the chat sessions. Be considerate about other members who may have not discovered as much of the plot as you have. Thank you!

When I enter the chat, I’ll also remind them and any newcomers. :slight_smile:

Week of June 7th to June 13th, 2010

Friday, 11 June 2010 at 13:00:00

Saturday, 12 June 2010 at 5:30:00

Sunday, 13 June 2010 at 00:00:00

Once again, these are just suggested timings. You’re free to post/organise your own whether through PM or posting here. And no, you don’t have to attend all of them or apologise if you are late/missed one when you said you’d turn up. This is all just for fun and giggles.

Topic is Toy Story 3 vs Shrek 4, but you’re free to change the subject as we go along. :slight_smile:

Ooh, I didn’t realise they were going to be spoiler-free discussions. In that case, I shall most likely be attending the first one that you’ve posted, thedriveintheatre.

Cool beans! Feel free to join any of the others if you’re free, LG. :slight_smile:

• EDIT Ugh, word repetition! XD *

This looks like a great topic! If I come on Friday it will only be for a little while, I have VBS all morning. Saturday I’ll probably be asleep since it’s 11:30, but I’ll be sure to be at the Sunday one, though it’s Saturday at my house but anyway…

Once again, Friday’s a no-go for me, but the “Saturday” and “Sunday” times work for me.

Aw shucks! I missed the HTTYD chat!

But I’ll do my best to make it to the SPOILER FREE TS3 session. As long as there aren’t spoilers I’m good to go :smiley:

Glad of the terrific response, guys! See you when I see you! :smiley:

little_chef or I may organise more HTTYD-exclusive chats soon, so stay tuned to the HTTYD thread!

Thanks for the tip TDIT!

Also, just to clarify, I’m on CST and that seems to equal out to be 8:00AM for the chat. Anyone else in my timezone getting that result? It’s fine if it’s that early, I just don’t know if I’ll wake up :smiley:

Yo yo yo, the weekend’s almost here! Can you smell the excitement? :sunglasses:

Also, since the last Shrek chapter seems to be a hot topic right now, I’ve added it to the topic title, so we can discuss either one or make some pretty fun comparisons! :smiling_imp:

I may try to make the first and third session… not sure about the second, but we’ll see how it goes. :slight_smile:

“Saturday” session begins in about four hours. I’ll be in the chatroom until then.

Wow, I’m really exicted for this! I’ll try my best to make the Sunday one, which equates to 8:30 pm EST for me. I would do the Saturday one but that would be like at 1:30 in the morning for me and as much as I love this place and everyone here, I also love not being sleep deprived. :stuck_out_tongue:

:frowning: I missed it. I was too busy watching TS2. oh well, next time.