Pixar Planet Vidcast OFFICIAL THREAD!

Anyone know any good webcams that can record but still on the low side of the price scale? Also, what program do you reccomend me to get?

TSS: I was just going to take a regular digital camera and record video on that, as for programs to grab, I’ve got no idea…

Mygames: Oi! List me as a potential host too. I’ve got a plan for video!

And, nice look. :sunglasses:

Hannahmation: Done!

lizardgirl: I know of a free recording program called Camstudio, but be aware that it records footage on your computer screen! So you’d have to use something like Windows Live Messenger to see the video and than have Camstudio record the box. the only downfall, is that Camstudio has a really hard time recording sound. Oh, and file sizes are humongous - you’ll have to size them down with something like Windows Movie Maker or Any Video Converter.

disneydutchess: I’ve added you as a host!

The Star Swordsman: Hmmm… Well, I don’t know much about what to look for… I bought mine at a garage sale. XD. But you might want to try Goodwill if you have any in your area. Or, if you can shop online, you might want to try newegg.com. As for recording, see my reply to lizardgirl.

thewisecookiesheet: again, See my reply to lizardgirl for recording software. Your listed now! And, I’m glad you like the website. In fact…

I’ve got a early version of the website up for you guys to check out!

classicteam.110mb.com/PPV/default.htm

Oh, understand that as soon as this site is done and up, signing up to be a potential host or whatever won’t be as easy, as you can see inside the applications button.

Oh, and if you happen to come across an E-mail address… It’s currently fake. ^^’

Nice work on that website, Mygames19! It’s perfect. And thanks for explaining how I might be able to record an outro, it sounds feasible though I’d have to get used to the technology.

Great work with all of this! :smiley:

Now this is something I’d like to take part in!

Anywhere I can help maybe?

nightwheel: Ya! You can apply to be a Host! :slight_smile:

lizardgirl: Thanks! :wink:

Sorry I haven’t been doing a whole lot recently. I’ve been working on the intro and as soon as I can get some help to put the Vidcast on PP, I can start assigning Hosts for jobs!

If you want to create a Vidcast staff usergroup, here’s a group icon you could use:

totoro: rofl. That’s great. :sunglasses:

That’s awesome, totoro!

totoro: Great job! I’d use it, but I don’t think I can make groups. But, if someone else can, please let me know! :slight_smile:

Good news! OFFICIAL WEBSITE IS UP!:

pixarplanet.com/vidcast/

All positions for episode 1 will be chosen by next weekend. :wink:

I PM you or what?

Simply go to this link and follow the instructions! If I like what you had to say, I’ll shoot back an E-Mail letting you know! :slight_smile:

I already have some people in mind and will let you all know by tommarow evening. :slight_smile:

Okay, I’ve chosen the people for episode 1!

But, before you read on, please understand that my choices where made based on what I’ve learned from you about what you might want to do or what I think you would like, and not because I like one person more than another. So now, let’s get started. :sunglasses:

Hannahmation, You will be a video editor. But, not just for Episode 1, but for the whole season. Why? Because I could use a right-hand in case for some reason I just can’t edit. Oh, and even better, you also get to be the Intro and Outro of episode 1. :slight_smile:

thewisecookiesheet, .I’m not quite sure what you’ve got planned, but I’m sure you can make the News section more interesting. :wink:

LightningAndDoc, I donno what you want to do, but I need someone for the Review/Overview section, so… :slight_smile:

And lastly, ffdude1906, I asked you to be part of the Vidcast team for a reason. You’ll be hosting the Fandom section of episode 1, if you accept. :slight_smile:

The Star Swordsman and Lizardgirl: Please keep in contact and let me know if you find a way to film yourselves. I’d love to have you both participate, but you need equipment first!

disneydutchess: I’m sorry, I don’t have any more spots left. :frowning: But I promise, you’ll be the first on my list for episode 2. If you like, however, you could write scripts. :slight_smile:

Thank you all! If you accept the spot, post in this topic or send me a PM. In return, I’ll send you the Liability contract (don’t worry, it’s just saying that if you say something bad it won’t be recognized as part of Pixar Planet.)

Sweet. I guess I otta get on top of this then. :wink:

News? Works great for me, nice time to start with awards season for Up, and TS3 is finishing up well.

Any time constraints on the parts?

I have one way to film myself. I just have to borrow my sister’s camera and them upload it to her computer then email the files to me. I just ordered my webcam, but it won’t come for a maybe 1-2 days.

I’ll keep in touch with you if you need extra or more help. But if not, good luck with EP 1.

I’m gonna have a bit of a problem with filming myself, possibly. I have an iMac, I think that’ll work, but that’s all I can think of. That’s what I used for my video to Pixar, so I think it’ll be okay.

The Star Swordsman: This is good news. :slight_smile: Maybe episode 2?

ffdude1906: Ya, that should work. Just make sure the file format you encode in can be read on Windows platforms too. :wink:

So, as you may have noticed, a Liability contract has been sent out to all of the to-be staff members. But, until that is signed, you aren’t part of the staff, so make sure you fill that out! once everyone does, we can finally start drafting scripts. :smiley:

Sure thing. I’ll be sure to have what ever i need for the next episode ready to go.

Script writing? heck yeah. I’m a great writer. I’ll get to work on something and send it to you as fast as i can

Mygames19- I have a webcam, so whenever you want me to take part in future episodes I’ll give it a go!

I’m loving how official and organised all of this is. It’s very exciting and I’m looking forward to seeing the first episode. Good work, Mygames19.