Pixar Planet

I do.

I’m not much of a runner. But I love to move fast when the adrenaline is flowing.

So I found myself doing a lot of dancing these past week for rehearsals for my show.

I need to start doing excercises here. I’m noticing my arms are looking thinner and to avoid becoming weak im going to do push ups or so.

Exercising, or even stretching every day, is a real great way to stay fit over the summer.

Good point TSS. I plan to do more stretches during the weekdays. I get a lot of exersize at work.

Yep. I’m going to start doing push-ups simply so my arms don’t waste away.
Thats what happens when you have inactivity of a group of muscles.

I need to build by muscles too.

I need to build my stamina a bit.

Oh my gosh, you are just like me. :open_mouth: The only time I exercise AT ALL is walking, and marching band. Actually, Freshman year, I was shocked and caught off guard by how much work marching band is. And, this year, we have 3 hour practices instead of 2. :open_mouth: Good thing I don’t have a life, or that would be really bad.

I’ve noticed I have done a lot of dancing as of late.

What sort of dancing?

Musical theatre dancing.

Did anyone else hate running the mile at school?

Oh I wouldn’t say that I hated it. I never looked forward to it though. But now a days, I’m okay with running or walking a mile.

I’m so bad at running! But I just ran 2.3 miles last night, so I’m proud of myself. :smiley: It took a looong time, but I felt better when I was done! I always tell myself I’m gonna be a fitness person, but I am so not. It’s not because of the whole skinny-thing that I try, it’s because I want to be healthy. Heart attacks freak the bejeebers out of me :open_mouth:

Tell me about it. A healthy heart is a happy heart. :smiley:

OH yeah, I remember doing those. I don’t like running unless I’m being chased by a mountain lion. Then, running is good.

[quote="Evangeline":32v3sko8]I’m so bad at running! But I just ran 2.3 miles last night, so I’m proud of myself. :D It took a looong time, but I felt better when I was done! I always tell myself I’m gonna be a fitness person, but I am so not. It’s not because of the whole skinny-thing that I try, it’s because I want to be healthy. Heart attacks freak the bejeebers out of me :shock:[/quote:32v3sko8]
I wouldn’t blame you. I wasted 6 months worrying about them (only to realize I’d have to have developed atherosclerosis early to have them happen at my age :-\ ).
I’ll admit I still worry. But it’s unlikely.
Now the reason those occur is due to a blockage in one of the coronary arteries.
The heart muscle dies due to lack of oxygen.
It’s called a myocardial infarction in the medical field.
These blockages are caused by a blood clot or other thrombii.
That happens due to atherosclerosis.
Atheroslerosis is caused by a persistantly high "bad" cholesterol level count.
That comes from:
A: not eating right and
B: not exercising.

Smoking increases these risks as it does damage to the arteries.

That’s that. Now there are other heart related problems as well. But as itd take a while for me to list them all I won’t talk about them.

Just remember to call 911 if you or another person has:
Chest pain or chest discomfort
Rapid, shallow, or absent pulse
Pallor (paleness. they literally look white or such)
They are sweating profusely.
shortness of breath.

There you have it.

Now aside from important medical factoids I’ve learned from my moms nursing school books,
I did 11 pushups today. I’m going to make sure I retain all that muscle mass I lost.

I like doing a light exercise everyday. It good to do that becasue if you’re on a hiatus of not exercising for a few days, once you start exercising again, you’ll be a little sore after the workout.