Pixar Short Films Collection DVD Announced!

The DVD will be released on November 6th. :smiley: :wink:

Bill - Thatā€™s right. Plus, theyā€™ll be including Andre! YES! :smiley:

Awesome. So they should include Andre. Now if only we could get them to put their commercials for Listerine and such on there, but I wouldnā€™t expect that. ;-p Canā€™t wait till this is released is my country.

How do you know Andre will be included?

Andre will be included because, to date, Pixar has only made 13 short films (including Andre), and there are 13 included on the disc.

Iā€™m excited for this! Even though I already own most of these on other DVDs, it will be nice having them all in one place. (At one time I even considered trying to rip all the DVDs I have and put all the shorts onto one disc.)

I wonder what kind of bonus features will be included. Upcoming Pixar mentions a 30-45 minute documentary, but I hope that isnā€™t all. Iā€™d really like there to be a commentary for all the shorts (particularly Andre, Tin Toy, Luxo Jr., Redā€™s Dream, Geriā€™s Game, One Man Band, Jack Jack Attack, and Mater and the Ghostlight, since these do not currently have commentary tracks). I would also really like a selection of commercials Pixar has made (maybe as easter eggs?). I also think it would be really cool if each short had is own little mini-feature, kind of like the Bud Luckey piece for Boundinā€™. Oh, and maybe a feature on some short film ideas that were never made (if there are any). And maybe if weā€™re really lucky, there will be an all-new short film created just for the DVD!

Anyway, Iā€™ll be happy with it no matter what. November 6th will truly be a great day (now for more reasons than one)! :smiley:

LOL - been there done that!

Heh-heh. I considered doing that as well. ;-p If only for the convenience of having them all on the same DVD.

Hey does anyone know the special features on the disc and how many discs there will be.
I suspect 1 disc, and i hope theres many bonus features besides the making of thing.

martin - Well, I do know that thereā€™s a 30 to 40 minute ā€œmaking ofā€ for the Pixar shorts. Thatā€™ll be cool. Otherwise, weā€™ll have to wait for more info. :wink:

my online store has the pixar shorts dvd up for pre-order

the BlueRay is R440 (about $63) and is expected 8 october
the dvd is R90 (about $13) and is expected 12 october

both are region 2 discs for PAL systems

going on the dvd price of R90 (usualy new dvds are R180) Iā€™d say its only one disc. . .

EDIT - they only ship to south africa

the list of whats on the DVD has just gone up:

Adventures of Andre and Wally B
Luxo Jr
Redā€™s Dream
Tion Toy
Knick Knack
Geriā€™s Game
For the birds
Mikeā€™s new car
Boundinā€™
Who is Buddy Luckey
JackJack attack
One man Band
Mater and the Ghost light
Lifted

Oh my goodness, that is quite a list right there Lanny. Very cool!

:confused: Thatā€™s an animated short? Uhhh, no. Heheh.

~~=oP

ahh the list! Very cool. That will give me a chance to see some of the early Pixar shorts i havent seen yet.

A reader of my blog called Guido just sent me screenshots of the menus for the DVD.

Blogger isnā€™t too fond of hotlinking of images so I wonā€™t put them up here but you can view them over at my blog. Sorry for this. I feel itā€™s almost like blogspam :frowning:

Thanks for posting that, bawpcwpn. I never knew that there were four Sesame Street /Pixar shorts, I thought there were only two. I hope that EzyDVD has afree gift or something, when you pre-order for November 14ā€¦

I havenā€™t seen any new threads on Pixar Short Films Collection DVD yetā€¦

I havenā€™t browsed though it yet, the menus are really pretty though and Iā€™m glad they included commentary and a nice documentary on Pixar short films! EDIT: The ability to play all the shorts back-to-back makes good background video for a small party too. Show off your Pixar love to your friends lol.

So what do you all think?

I love the Pixar Short Films Collection DVD. Itā€™s interesting to see how Pixar has improved over the years and they are very funny :laughing: I havenā€™t seen the bonus feature yet but Iā€™m planning to do it tomorrow or tonight. But still itā€™s a very nice DVD. Something for a Pixar-fan :wink:

Here is the German DVD Cover (I thought to share them with you):

Oh man, this is totally going on my Christmas list :open_mouth:

I was going to buy it for 5 bucks off my friend, but now I saw that offer at the Disney store- if you buy Ratatouille and Pixar Shorts, you get a pin set. Now I need to find that DVD reciept. :open_mouth: