Pixar Short Films Collection DVD Announced!

[Source]

Just saw this on your blog, JV - awesome news! :sunglasses:

That is fantastic news, JV - Thanks for that. :smiley:

Well, we are all hoping for an american release soon. THanks for the info JV.

To all the lucky fans who will attend this year San Diego Comic Con:
Pixar Short Films collection vol 1 presentation on friday July 27 .

;-o

Oh man, I so want that so bad!!! Nice find JV!!! :smiley:

clabot2700: really now? I think i will be going to that. Thanks for the information.

Now that Comic-Con is the place to be! :sunglasses:

sigh Another bit of Pixar merch I have to buy this year… :wink:

No, I don’t mind. It will be great to have them all on the same DVD. You could probably watch them all in one sitting with a few friends/family. Everyone’s bound to have a favourite short. And hopefully it will make people realise Pixar’s range, and they can tell a good story, whether it be in in 5 minutes, or 111 mins. :smiley: It should be great.

I wonder if The Adventures of Andre and Wally B. will be included. Probably not, though.

Ooh, yeah, I’d love to see Andre in there. Probably not, as you said, but here’s hoping! :wink:

Wow, exactly what we need! It’s nice for Pixar’s shorter works to be appreciated as much as the full-length feature films. I can’t wait for this to come out! Thanks for the information, JV. :smiley:

I’m actually betting it is simply for the fact it was included in the first shorts video “Tiny Toy Stories” released by Disney in about '96 following Toy Story. It included Andre, Luxo Jr., Red’s Dream, Tin Toy, and Knick Knack.

That does sound cool! Hope it comes here! Although is that just Blu-ray or is there gonna be a regular dvd too? Just a blu-ray wouldnt help me much…

do you guys think it’ll have the feature film dvd exclusives like mikes new car and jack jack attack?

martini - Ooh. I sure do hope so…maybe not all new shorts, but some deleted scenes to previous ones?

gasdude- I expect story boards, concept art, models, interviews, and a never before seen short[/b]

I would be a happy person if it had that. :wink:

I don’t see any reason why they shouldn’t include those short films…

I would assume they’d be there. If they’re going to have all the shorts on it, that would mean all the shorts right?

The Comicon Schedule shows that Ralph Eggleston (For the Birds), Andrew Jimenez (One Man Band), and Katherine Sarafian (Lifted) will be showing the shorts and having a Q&A. Anyone going? When is this DVD coming out, anyway? Did I miss that? Thanks.