Pixar Songs by Sheila and Ashley

Hello!
We recorded this video a while back and decided we ought to share it here. Forgive the sour notes; it was our first time sight-reading it. Hopefully you’ll get a laugh out of it. It took us such a long time to figure out that Windows Movie Maker Program. In case you want to know, Ashley is the one who says “You are butchering this footage!” And Sheila is the one who sings opera on the last page. :laughing:

s88.photobucket.com/albums/k190/ … o_0001.flv

Sheila and Ashley

LOL, nice job!! And dang, :open_mouth: Sheila’s got an impressive voice.

Thank you…? I find it quite embarrassing. I do better at actual opera arias. But thanks. heh.:smiley:
-Sheila

Ha! That was amusing. Not bad at the opera-ing either!

Wow, nice sight reading. You guys sounded like you had fun.

Thanks! Yeah, we did.

Try some more songs and post theme here if you would please.

We’ll probably do “When Somebody Loved Me” next… a serious version. :slight_smile:

Oh I really love that song. Good luck with it.

Here is When She Loved Me

s88.photobucket.com/albums/k190/ … o_0001.flv

Enjoy!
Sheila and Ashley

Oh my goodness, that was so beautiful! Oh my gosh you got me crying right now. That was so marvelously played and beautifully sung. Excellent excellent job.

WOW! I really liked that rendition of Jessie’s song! Great!

I noticed how you improvised with the pitch a little bit, too, especially with that last “…she lo-oo-oo-ooves me…”

Very good!

TSS: I’m so pleased our performance moved you! That’s very gratifying to hear. Thank you! -Sheila and Ashley

eratosthenes: Thank you for noticing that little turn on the end bit! I (Sheila) was getting bored of the singing it over and over (we had to record a few times before we got it right), so I just thought I’d embellish/ornamnet it a little. :slight_smile: It also was, in a way, my personal homage to Mozart. I usually don’t do this type of repertoire; most of the time I’m singing classical Mozart arias, and he puts a lot of trills and frills in the vocal lines of his music.
Sorry about the rant. But thank you so much, again. It means so much to both of us!
-Sheila

For Woody’s Roundup:
You guys really sounded you were enjoying yourselves

For When She Loved Me:
Really good job, except the piano seems to be slightly louder than the singing. But no worries, overall it was great.

CL: You kinda inspire me. Maybe in the near future, I’ll post up some files of me singing guy Pixar songs to the best of my ability. Maybe, we’ll see. And great job once again.

Thank you, bright dot-dasher! Yeah, we were using our shared digital camera as a recording device, so the sound quality sort of suffers, and also the piano is a significantly louder instrument than me (Sheila). The camera’s mic picks up all the sounds as they are, without evening them out. We’re trying to figure out how to place it to make it more even between the two instruments, without favoring one over the other. :smiley:

TSS: That’s very sweet. I’m lucky to have a great sister as my [sometimes] accompanist. And we’d love to hear your singing! Go for it!

Sheila

How did you post up videoes of your singing. I thought photobucket only uploads images and video. All I recorded was an audio file. Can you help?

Hmm, well you see, we recorded using the digital camera, and then made a video using only the audio and replacing the visuals with a picture. I’m not sure of any other methods because I’m technologically challenged… Maybe Ashley can help, but she isn’t here right now. I’ll ask her for you.

Good luck!
Sheila

Thank you. Because I already recorded one song, and I really want to share it with everyone at PP.

Colette Linguini - Both of you sing quite beautifully, and it does sound as if you’re enjoying yourselves.

Keep up the lovely work! :wink:

– Mitch