Pixar Summer Internship 2013 Application Open Date

I really want to apply for a Pixar Summer Internship 2013, I’m sorry if this has been answered already somewhere but I can’t seem to find the information. Does anyone know when applications open? I noticed that the Winter Internship just closed yesterday.
Specifically I want to be involved in Production or Marketing.

The alternative at the moment is to keep checking Pixar’s website until the relevant section has one available, but would be nice if someone (potentially someone who did the internship last year?) could let me know roughly when the application dates open.

Thanks!

Dave

Hey there, Dave! Unfortunately, I do not know the answer to your question. However, I am also looking for the very same information. I was hoping to find someone’s past experience with the “Production” or “Marketing” internships, so I hope you don’t mind me hanging about here, as well!

Anyhoo, what attracts you to these positions, Dave? : )

Awesome! Someone replied on another thread saying that they think applications open in November - I would guess that the final deadlines will be around January/February ish in time for the summer internships?

Pixar attracted me for a number of reasons - I love their company ethos (and of course the films).
The Pixar version of It Gets Better really struck a chord with me more than any of the other versions of that campaign.
I’ve always loved art - but since studying History at university, I’ve found myself drawn towards marketing as a really nice blend of creativity and analytical thinking.
I was born in America, but have rarely had the chance to go back since moving to England, so an internship near San Francisco would also be brilliant! (Get away from rainy English summers!)
I hadn’t considered actually applying until recently (although I’d thought about it a lot), as I imagined they get so many applicants it just didn’t seem possible - but you can’t win if you don’t try so I’m going to go for it!

What about you?

Goodness! Leave it to me to reply nearly a month later! Nevertheless, it is already midway through November, so maybe those positions will open a little later than expected! If not, definitely keep checking – I know I will be!

Well, I’m glad you decided on applying. I agree that you won’t know until you try – so good on you! Ah, I know those rainy English summers (it certainly keeps you on your toes!) so sunny San Fran seems to be right up your alley! Also, if at first you don’t succeed, try again.

I find it wonderful that Pixar’s part in “It Gets Better” really affected you so positively – it means they are really truly getting to people! Pixar does a number of other wonderful things which also attracts me so, but I think it is the general splendor of everything Pixar creates that attracts me most. I, too, have loved art ever since I was little, so I knew I wanted to be somewhere where I could at least be around artists or art. I love Pixar’s imagination, and I knew I wanted to be a part of it (even if it is not art-related!)

Lastly, I find it very funny that you have been studying history and are pursuing a marketing internship, because I am a business major whose number one pick is a collections archivist internship. Our majors seemed flipped flopped! Marketing and production are my back up choices as I have yet to see an offering for collection archivist internships, but I did seem someone on “linkedin” who had completed one!

Hey guys! I’m new here :slight_smile: I was looking to apply for the summer internship as well but I wasn’t sure what they were looking for in the demo reel. Are there any examples for us to look at?

I’m not sure, I haven’t been able to find any info other than what’s on their official website. They’ve started putting up summer internships for other departments though so maybe a Marketing one will be up soon.

Hey

I’m interested as well for the production management and/or the marketing summer 2013 internships. I’ve been keeping an eye out for them to be posted but as you know, they haven’t yet. Does anyone know for sure if they have these internships for the summer? I’ve done a bit of research and the only forums I could find where people applied for these internships were for the 6 months or 1 year internships. I really hope they are avaliable for the summer!!

Thanks!

Just to let anyone know who’s still following this thread - they’ve now put up Summer internships for Marketing and PR.
I don’t think I can apply anymore as my university term doesn’t finish until mid-June and these internships start at the beginning of June =/. Good luck to everyone who applies though.

pixar.com/careers/Available- … ations-812

Hi guys,

My name is Maria and I am currently a sophomore at The Wharton School studying Marketing. I’m so excited to see that the Marketing positions finally went up! I was wondering, though, do any of you know if they take sophomores? I feel like I cannot find a clear answer on the careers website.

Any help would be so appreciated!
Maria

It can’t hurt to try! I know in most internships you have to at least a sophomore and especially since by this summer you will technically be a junior so I’m sure it won’t be a problem.

I’m going to apply to the marketing internship too! But I can’t wait till they post the production management internship because that is the one I really want. But any way to work at Pixar will be a dream come true!

Hey everyone! Im new to this, and I´m applying to the Summer Art internship. I have a few questions about this. What size should my Portfolio have? I think I´ve done mine too big :unamused: . And is there anything I should know about International students? I´m from Spain and I know I should get some kind of Visa, but apparently you know if you have been accepted in June, just before having to leave for California.

Thanks! :slight_smile: