Pixar summer internship 2013

First congrats on making it that far guys =) what a crazy ride haha. And I think all the studios are done with picking blackbelt. After not hearing from Disney I tried sending an e-mail and they said that they picked all their interns back over a week ago and thought they sent out rejection letters to everyone (awkward moment when I assume many people didn’t get it lol) but c’est la vie =) hope to see ya’ll again next year!

-P

Are any of the other people waiting to hear from the marketing internship nervous? Its just so weird that we didn’t get anything yet and the first round of rejections were so long ago :s I feel like almost every other department is finished…thoughts anyone?

@Emi I never got a rejection for marketing but from research I have done when looking at past forums people got rejection letters VERY late into May and even into June. Of course every year is different when people heard back.

I applied for art internship and I didn’t get any rejection letter yet. Did they forget to send me one or… do I wait longer? By this time they probably chose the art interns right?

On late April I also got an email saying they’re doing final reviews… and I am part of it… did anyone else get that email?

I am confused… :cry:

I would assume since you got that email that you would be in the finalist. They didn’t send that email to everyone :slight_smile:

I think your wait should be longer! Didn’t hear of anyone else getting that letter, so I think that’s a huge achievement since they let you know that you were in the running :slight_smile: That’s awesome, best of luck!

Thanks and I hope thats the case… :confused: the wait is killing me slowly…

@kiwikiwi: Yea, the wait is deathly but it must be so awesome to have been considered. :slight_smile: Only more opportunities from there.
Do you have an online portfolio you’d be willing to share?

Silent as the grave this week!

Right! It’s killing me. I’d rather just get the letter instead of waiting. :confused:

Yeah, that’s crazy too — I’m really surprised it’s gone on so long. Then again I really don’t know what’s normal for these kinds of internships! I’m in the process of moving and stuff and with school out have lost track of the days a bit and I didn’t even realize Friday came and went with no more news. Maybe next week will be the last week?

I guess no acceptances for art yet either?

I am certain that art interns have been chosen a while ago and have been contacted through phone. Internship starts 6th. Not to be a downer, but it’s better that you don’t put your hopes up at this time when it’s almost the beginning of the internship.

I suppose the fact that I didn’t receive a confirmation for my online application should have been a huge warning bell… I thought I did get one, but looking back through my emails, I couldn’t find it. I’m a bit disappointed in myself, but I’m happy for the people who got accepted. This has definitely been a learning experience, and now I’ll be able to better plan for next year. Thanks, for helping keep me informed! Best of luck to you all!

Oh I got my rejection a week or so ago, I was just really hoping someone in this thread made it. Still waiting on story but my background is design and I had only one storyboard in my entire portfolio so needless to say that was a bit of a back up! That being said I guess no one in this thread did get it :confused: but I loved all the portfolios I saw.

Two people in this thread got an internship, kev and rendrman. I believe kev got the PUP and rendrman got animation.

Still not a thing from Publicity besides rejections and Marketing besides rejections and people still waiting on marketing(like me).

Oh yeah, I saw rendrman’s acceptance for sure. Mostly I’ve stuck around waiting to see if anyone got art — then again I think all the people who’s portfolios I actually saw posted that they got rejections. Still, that work was pretty solid so I would have been happy to see one of them get it :slight_smile: Surprised marketing is still going — a friend of mine applied for it and got a rejection weeks and weeks ago.

Do we have any other Marketing Interns waiting to hear back?

I never heard back for marketing but I moved on. I’m doing internships in NY this summer. I wouldn’t have high hopes, if I were you, because Pixar’s internship starts I believe the first week or so of June, which is very VERY soon. I think they just take a really long time sending out rejection letters.

I am. But like sirlupton said, I’m not holding my breath at all.

don’t know if it means anything at this point, but my application was updated today…It was never updated since the 22nd of March. Will try for the winter internship anyway.