Pixar summer internship 2013

Just got the rejection for art, that leaves story for me too. Best of luck guys!

Thanks you guys, seriously. Nervous as anything right now, but either way made it this far, and it’s not too shabby. Not to mention had fun chatting with you guys on here :slight_smile:

Hi everyone, condolences to the those who have joined the land of the rejection, it’s ok there is ice cream!

By the way, I searched through Disney’s internship FAQ and found this:

Will you confirm receipt of my application and reel and when will I be informed of my status with the Program?
Yes, if you choose to mail in your application, you will get notified of our receipt through your online profile. If you are uploading artwork or submitting a website, your profile will display that information as well.
After you apply through our Open Positions for the “Associate Program” or “Talent Development Program”, you can view the status bar on your profile to see where we are in the application process.

p.s. yeah these forums have made a blah thing like waiting to hear from internships so much more fun ^^ thanks for making my month guys and gals!

Hey everybody, i’ve been lurking for the past month, so i thought as the Art rejections are going out i might as well join the ranks of waiting for a response.

Had I not found this forum, waiting for a response would have just been a lot of wondering. So thanks for being so informative.

Heres my portfolio: thomaswakely.com/Portfolio_Pixar.pdf

Hey guys!..does anyone know if all of the different departments start the internships at the same time or do they start at different times? …im still waiting to hear back from the Marketing department, so i didn’t know if they started later perhaps.

If you do not get this, I will be shocked

Yeah dude that portfolio is pretty awesome. Good luck!

Thanks to both of you, but I just received my rejection letter, Oh well.
Good luck to anyone still in the running though!

That’s crazy! Really puts the internship into perspective though — even if you’re freakin’ amazingly talented, you’re up against a big wall of other applications. It’s hard to force your way through that. I only have one real storyboard in my portfolio so I’m just waiting for my story rejection but it still has been a pretty fun wait, especially with this thread :slight_smile:

I just got my rejection letter too. SO SO close. At least we made it to the end.

Well dang. I thought one of us was gonna make it for sure.

Most of you have at least another year, though, right? Definitely still have time! And it was a fun ride! I know at least one other person posted they were waiting on story and a few people still on marketing, right?

Yeah, I’m still waiting over here for marketing. :frowning:

Still no word from Disney ,bluesky , Laika ,or Sony. Anyone here anything?

… if neither of you (DemLion and Pandastew) made it in the Art Department, then I can rest assured that there is no hope for me. You guys will succeed in your field, I just know it! you have great talent. I’ll stick around this thread till I get my rejection letter, but in the mean time I’ll sit wondering if they even got my portfolio/application. Good luck guys!! =D

Hey guys, long time lurker here. I’ve been following this thread since about page ten. You guys all did so well! I didn’t apply this year but I’ll be applying next year for the Art internship. It seems like a pretty tough one to get, but I’ll definitely be back next year to wait it out with you guys. Good luck to all of you still in the running! :slight_smile:

Hey guys, sorry to hear about the internship news! I got a rejection letter for Art as well. It was such a sweet rejection letter, I couldn’t cry that long over it. I will probably print it out and stick it to my wall, and use it as fuel for working even harder :slight_smile:

Heh, that’s what I did too. We made it really really far, so we’re doing something right. NEXT YEAR is our year

@DemLion: Yea, I’m only a Junior now and can definitely apply as a senior next year. Would be awesome if we could meet then, and collaborate!

Who ever said that we couldn’t collaborate now… with the powers of the internet!!!

First congrats on making it that far guys =) what a crazy ride haha. And I think all the studios are done with picking blackbelt. After not hearing from Disney I tried sending an e-mail and they said that they picked all their interns back over a week ago and thought they sent out rejection letters to everyone (awkward moment when I assume many people didn’t get it lol) but c’est la vie =) hope to see ya’ll again next year!

-P