Pixar summer internship 2013

Thanks and I hope thats the case… :confused: the wait is killing me slowly…

@kiwikiwi: Yea, the wait is deathly but it must be so awesome to have been considered. :slight_smile: Only more opportunities from there.
Do you have an online portfolio you’d be willing to share?

Silent as the grave this week!

Right! It’s killing me. I’d rather just get the letter instead of waiting. :confused:

Yeah, that’s crazy too — I’m really surprised it’s gone on so long. Then again I really don’t know what’s normal for these kinds of internships! I’m in the process of moving and stuff and with school out have lost track of the days a bit and I didn’t even realize Friday came and went with no more news. Maybe next week will be the last week?

I guess no acceptances for art yet either?

I am certain that art interns have been chosen a while ago and have been contacted through phone. Internship starts 6th. Not to be a downer, but it’s better that you don’t put your hopes up at this time when it’s almost the beginning of the internship.

I suppose the fact that I didn’t receive a confirmation for my online application should have been a huge warning bell… I thought I did get one, but looking back through my emails, I couldn’t find it. I’m a bit disappointed in myself, but I’m happy for the people who got accepted. This has definitely been a learning experience, and now I’ll be able to better plan for next year. Thanks, for helping keep me informed! Best of luck to you all!

Oh I got my rejection a week or so ago, I was just really hoping someone in this thread made it. Still waiting on story but my background is design and I had only one storyboard in my entire portfolio so needless to say that was a bit of a back up! That being said I guess no one in this thread did get it :confused: but I loved all the portfolios I saw.

Two people in this thread got an internship, kev and rendrman. I believe kev got the PUP and rendrman got animation.

Still not a thing from Publicity besides rejections and Marketing besides rejections and people still waiting on marketing(like me).

Oh yeah, I saw rendrman’s acceptance for sure. Mostly I’ve stuck around waiting to see if anyone got art — then again I think all the people who’s portfolios I actually saw posted that they got rejections. Still, that work was pretty solid so I would have been happy to see one of them get it :slight_smile: Surprised marketing is still going — a friend of mine applied for it and got a rejection weeks and weeks ago.

Do we have any other Marketing Interns waiting to hear back?

I never heard back for marketing but I moved on. I’m doing internships in NY this summer. I wouldn’t have high hopes, if I were you, because Pixar’s internship starts I believe the first week or so of June, which is very VERY soon. I think they just take a really long time sending out rejection letters.

I am. But like sirlupton said, I’m not holding my breath at all.

don’t know if it means anything at this point, but my application was updated today…It was never updated since the 22nd of March. Will try for the winter internship anyway.

I just checked and mine was JUST updated. Literally a minute before I checked. :open_mouth: I just want to know what this means.

Mine was updated too. Did anyone else who applied for the Set Dressing Residency get an email yesterday saying its been put on hold until further notice? #pullingmyhairout!!

Mine too. Betting that’s them adding you to the rejection email dump list you know they’re about to send out. Ah well! It was fun waiting :slight_smile:

I got the same email, too, but I wouldn’t throw it off as a rejection. Disney did the same thing for their Spring Talent Development Program–I have a friend who applied for a layout position there, and she got an email “postponing” the Program a while back, too, and just now she got an email saying that they are now looking for people for that position again and she is still in the running, and if she has an updated reel to please submit that now.

I’m assuming that whatever project they wanted to bring a set dressing trainee on has now been rescheduled around or something, and, therefore, they don’t need a person quite yet to fill that position…

@get0ffthecouch, I think you’re right. Fingers crossed for us all!!

hey guys,
im just wondering how does pixar internships work?, because i will be taking part in one next year 2014.please help me.
when over 60 applicants apply, how many people get picked for the internship?
after becoming an internship at pixar, how many people get hired to work at pixar.
i was told 12-13 applicants get picked for an internship at pixar(not sure if its true)
well my question is that after becoming an intern, do all the interns get hired to work for pixar or just about 5 out of 12?
please help me
by the way i wanna become an animator and looks like ill be taking the animation program.