Pixar Summer Internship 2014

Nothing here either, i wonder if there have been any international students in the past that had made it and have enough time to go through all the visa process??

@sirlupton when did you hear back from Pixar about marketing last year?

Hi all,

Long time forum stalker, first time poster. I spoke to a lovely lady at Pixar HR today. Good and bad news, if the internship is closed (not the one you can still apply for) you will know by Friday apparently. So while we all twiddle our thumbs and get more nervy, we’ll know our fates soon! :open_mouth:

For me applying as a Production intern, I’m nervous! I know so many of my fellow applicants are massively talented and many of us would be great interns. If any of the other Production hopefuls want to message me, I’d love to compare resumes and experiences and maybe figure out how to strengthen my PA portfolio.

Many of the reels posted were fantastic by the way, all y’all should be proud to want to be animator and character designers and set designers. . . they look stellar.

Thank you LittleRed for the update! I’m sure that has relieved quite a few people – I know it has for me! I would rather know the outcome sooner rather than later so if needed I could make living arrangements!

Like LittleRed said, I know that there is a tremendous amount of talent on here and I wanted to say good luck to all – I know whoever is chosen will do a wonderfully fantastic job!

Here’s to changing out fates!

I believe I got my rejection letter May 10th or around then. My status updated two different times before getting the letter. Also a first round of rejection letters for marketing happened one week or so before the second round (my rejection letter) so last year was very different than this year.

Good luck to everyone! Friday is almost here!

Also everyone,
I have a bit of a proposition for this forum. We DO have loads of talent, but the only way to get better and catch eyes is practice practice practice. Everyone I’ve spoke to at Pixar says they want to see people who can not only be extraordinary but can rock the basics like no one else. (Can you imagine how many shoes they have to animate?)

We have animators, producers, story board artists, story creators, editors, and more. . . we have everything we need to produce a short or an animatic. Not only does this give us the opportunity to get to know people who are attempting to work in the field of animation, it gives us a chance to practice, and if the product is something we like to get our names out there on youtube or vimo or where ever. (I even have some Pixarian and Dreamworks animator connections who might watch it and critique it, like a teacher might, for us)

I think it’s a great idea for any of us who don’t have internships in film and animation this summer to stay at the top of our game! ;-p

Also Toodles87, I’m fairly certain Pixar provides housing in Emeryville or Berkley or somewhere nearby. Most studios have many apartments for visiting actors, directors, important people and with the number of interns they have year after year it would make sense to have housing for them. Interns won’t know the area and housing around here is pretty impossible and beyond over priced compared to the rest of the country. . . if you get it, they’ll probably set you up in one of their apartments and charge light rent from your pay. :smiley:

Really love all the support and seriously great words coming from this blog the last couple days!

I applied for Production Management as well, and haven’t heard anything at all… it’s probably better that a large sum of us haven’t heard anything it might mean there is still hope and that they haven’t finished yet!

I am still praying and hoping, keep it mind life is crazy and you don’t know what could happen! :slight_smile:

Please keep updates on here still! Wish everyone luck!!! :smiley:

Long time thread watcher, first time poster. This is my first year applying to the Animation Internship, and I’m still waiting to hear back. Good luck everyone! May the splines be with you.

Hey guys,
Just got a rejection e-mail for the story position. Hope you all have better luck than I did. See ya next year…

-Scribbles

Hey guys, I just got my rejection email as well. I’m a little bummed but honestly I’m more relieved finally knowing one way or the other! Best of luck to those still in the running!

It’s a big day tomorrow, good luck!!

I’m so sorry Ryno and Scribbles. I hope the best for you guys!

Has anyone heard anything yet today?

nope :confused:

Has anyone heard one way or the other about the Production Internship? I have not gotten anything from Pixar, and my application has not been updated. I’m starting to need to make other plans if this does not pan out, and I’d appreciate knowing if anyone has heard word.

Thanks!

No word on production, I think marketing still hasn’t heard either.

yeah marketing is in the same boat, my application hasn’t been updated either

same here. I haven’t heard about marketing or had my status updated

Hey, everyone!

I just called up Pixar’s operator, and she said that we’d know by the end of the month if we get in or not (May 30th).

Hang in there, our answers will be here soon!

Thank you so much for all of information above!
I just received the rejection letter from disney today, I applied the technical director position and waited for more than one month to get the final words.
So I assume that I would hear from Pixar very soon either.
Good luck for all of you guys!

Yesterday I talked with the Pixar Operator and they said the Production Management Internship would be FILLED by May 30th. Has anyone heard back at all about this position? Seems kind of late to fit in an interview process. I’d love to hear if any of you have information!