Pixar Summer Internship 2014

Wow! There’s a lot of talent this year!

I’m a first time poster and first time applicant as well. I applied for the animation internship. Here’s a link to my reel: [url]http://www.toondive.com/demo-reel/[/url]

The last shot on the reel is still a work in progress but hopefully they see something they like. It’s a nerve wracking thing, waiting… hoping… waiting… :open_mouth: Good luck to everyone! Are there any other animation intern hopefuls lurking out there? :slight_smile:

Wow! Everyone’s stuff is really good this year!
@DemLion I’m from Youngstown Ohio

Yeah sounds like a great base to check on all our submissions! I’m from Northern California

Thanks thebluepencil. I enjoyed your characters !!! well done.

Hello everyone! I know my username is thebluepowerranger, but you can call me Ryan!

I joined exclusively for this discussion after reading last year’s posts (all 60+ pages, in fact)

I applied for the marketing internship at Pixar this summer. I noticed last year that no one that applied for the marketing internship was selected. I hope this year we see someone get the opportunity!

Also, does anyone happen to know if they select more than one marketing intern? I know there was speculation of about 6 interns per department last year or so. (correct me if I’m wrong)

I do want to say as a business major, you animation/art guys are extremely talented! I checked out a bunch of reels from last year and they were phenomenal! A handful of people in last year’s discussion did get animation internships too, so keep your head up. Regardless, I have no experience in the animation field and I wish i could do what y’all do. Congrats!

@JerBear
okay that’s really good to hear! I feel a lot better about it now, thanks!

Wow lots of great work from everyone! I can’t wait until we start hearing about replies :smiley:

Also, I have a question for anyone who may know the answer: I know the pixar website says that they accept graduate applicants for internships for within the year they graduated, but I wonder, does that mean for only the year they graduated in, or from up to within a year from the day they graduated?

@bloochikin I was wondering the samething because I graduate officially next year but my course finnishes at the end of this year.

@DemLion Im from Palmerston North, New Zealand

Hey! So, this is my first year applying for an internship and I actually applied for a research internship. I am a math major (about to graduate and start a PhD program this fall!) and have some research experience in animation. However, I was so busy applying for grad school, I didn’t think about my summer until sort of last minute, so… we’ll see!

Will we all hear back at the same time or do the different departments handle things differently?

Hi guys, my name is Saad and im applying from Pakistan. I’m a huge Pixar fan and its always been my dream to work here. I applied for the PUP even though I’m a junior pursuing a computer science degree. I just wanted to say that I don’t have much of an arts experience but I’m really crazy about computer graphics. I have experience with renderers (have worked with quite a few and have also made my own) and shaders (currently I’m building shaders for Arnold) but I feel that I’m really technical. I don’t know what exactly Pixar is looking for but I really hope I get in its literally been my dream since forever and there is no opportunity in graphics in my country. We don’t have any animation studio and all our technology is outdated its really sad.

Good luck to all of you and I really hope that I get to come to Pixar and meet you guys :slight_smile:

Don’t worry, many past PUPs were technical at the time they joined.

Hey all!

Back for round 2 this year. I applied for PUP again. We’ll see how it goes! Good luck to everybody!

Hi everyone! Nice to meet you all (:
I’m an art internship applicant, my portfolio’s here - sarahwebb.crevado.com/

I just got this email, and I can’t tell if it’s a rejection letter(which surprised me cause I didn’t get a rejection letter until late May last year) or if I just didn’t submit my application correctly…?

Hi Sarah,

I received the same email…Don’t know why…maybe they started looking at portfolio really early this year?

^^^ I received the same email as well…
I think it’s a rejection? I’m not sure. It’s so fast though. :confused:

Wow… Perhaps they had already reached their quota for Art Internship applications? I’m not so sure I understand the technicalities, but you did submit all of your materials before the posted due date, right?

It’s still implied as a form of “Thank you, but better luck next year.”, which is a little unfair. I think you should email them to see what’s up? I really loved your portfolio (like… a LOT) and think that your chances are really good!

Best of luck!

Wow, Im sorry guys :frowning:

Do they really send replies this early or are they mostly late?

Typically they take 6-8 weeks, but I’m assuming since portfolios are accepted as websites instead of mail-ins this year the response is much more timely and streamlined, which is a plus. I got the same email everyone is talking about, its a little vague but back to the drawing board! Good luck to everyone still in the running!

I just got the email saying I didnt make it in. Good luck to all thoes still waiting! x

That definitely sounds like a rejection letter. I’m sorry to hear that guys!

I just checked my status, and it doesn’t appear like my marketing internship application has been looked at yet. It still shows the same date/time that I updated it. Let the waiting games begin!