Pixar Summer Internship 2014

So anybody here who has been selected for the internship before?

Hey everyone, long time lurker, first time poster. I was wondering how everyone’s resumes looks like. Are they standard typed out resumes? Or did you do submit something more creative? Anybody do handwritten?

Also does anybody know if they have a computer system that scans resumes for certain words? If they do, I might be screwed, since parts of my are handwritten and I’m not sure a computer would be able to pick words up.

@ awolfappeared I know a lot of bigger companies do use a system to scan for certain words, but for some reason I think I heard that they don’t. I’m not entirely sure though. My resumes just sort of standard typed out one

Hey, everyone! I was wondering if anyone has any experience applying for the Production Management internship? I’m planning on applying, and the description seems like you just need to upload a resume and cover letter, but then on the application sheet there is a field that asks for a link to a demo reel… is this just be cause they use the same form for all submissions? I wouldn’t think production management required a reel, especially because they didn’t mention it in the description…

So has anyone ever heard of anyone applying for the editorial internships. I have searched and i cant find any information on anyone applying for them. Just curious if anyone had heard or knows of anyone.

Hey Guys! I’m so glad you all are back! I was here last summer. I applied for the marketing internship.

Hey everyone! This is my first time posting and applying :slight_smile: I applied to the marketing internship, and I was wondering how can I check the status of my application? Best of luck to everyone!

Anyone from the Animation Intern position or PUP hear back yet?

Here is the link to check your application status:

ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH09/ats/career … IXAR&cws=6

@hazmat: Nope… not yet… lol but I’m checking ALL the time haha. How’d your reel come out, ect? I’m wonder how many people applied for the animation internship? Any more other there???

@ryno haha me too! my reel turned out good I would say. Unfortunately I can’t link to it, I had to give them a physical copy when they interviewed me at my school, just cause it had work from previous internships for which I got approval to send but not upload online. :confused:

@sirilupton the link kind of just provides the date you uploaded your stuff right? or would that mean my application hasn’t been looked at yet?

@hazmat From experience last summer, the Last Updated date will change, presumably when they look at it. People have gotten phone calls for interviews or rejection letters when or just after that date is updated. None of us last year really knew what to expect when the date changed because when it did for me I didn’t hear from them until I think like a week later. If anything it is another place we can all obsessively check every day… :smiley:

alright I see, thank you for explaining that to me. good luck everyone!

Everyone here is so wonderful and talented, we should start our own studio :sunglasses:

I just got another email, this is really surprising! I didn’t know that this happened. Has anyone else gotten this email?

@reluin Weird… no I didn’t get an email. I applied for marketing. It’s too bad for all those art applicants.

Oh my gosh, I wish that they had just posted that there were no available art internships this year. That would have been nice. ARGH angry typing! Oh well.

I just got this email as well! So strange…

kind of annoyed they did that to the art interns. why would you waste people’s time like that -_-
_

You would think they could at least take on one intern. People who are applying may have been waiting all year to apply, I mean I’ve waited all year to apply for the marketing.