Pixar Summer Internship 2015

Well, this is my first and possibly only time for applying due to the fact that I graduated recently. I went for the marketing internship, edited together a showreel of my marketing work in good ol’ England and China for Pixar. You can watch it here: [url]https://vimeo.com/123645533[/url]

If anyone got into marketing, congratulations and have a great three months! It’s the opportunity of a lifetime! It certainly sounds like decisions must have been made by now… I’ll hold out for a bit, but I haven’t had any reply or update on my Pixar profile.

So, for those of us who didn’t make it (or don’t think they have), let’s get back to job hunting… :nerd:

From previous years, WDAS has always sent me rejection/update e-mails for their summer internships.

Been one of those invisible creepy stalker people following this board for a while :mrgreen:

I was wondering if anyone else applied to/heard back from the Media Systems internship? I checked this morning and my status hasn’t been updated since I submitted my application. :neutral_face: Guess it’s safe to say I should try again next year?

Ahhh! Just got the production internship and I’m freaking out. I’m so happy and so excited to be working at Pixar this summer!!!

Now let me go jump up and down for about an hour.

Congrats!!!
Just wondering, did they update your status at all beforehand?

Congrats!! Does that one start next week as well?

Does Disney usually take this long to respond, and are their internships always posted so late? I don’t remember it being this way last year, but I could be wrong.

To be honest, I didn’t really check my status beforehand - from my experience in the past, the status doesn’t really give me any indication where I’m at in the process. 8D I always just wait for the email - but yes, they updated my status a few days after I was contacted for the interview, and it might have changed beforehand.

And the internship starts in two weeks!

Hey BlueBird,

What exactly will you be doing production-wise? Were you assigned to a feature?

Cheers!

Just got a no for marketing "/
It was worded kind of weird though

I just received a rejection email from Pixar for the Marketing internship, and got rejected for the Publicity internship last Friday. If anyone has advice for the Marketkng internship please let me know!

Anyone get accepted into the Marketing internship?

Congratulations, BlueBird! Have a great time!!

jayroy I checked my inbox for last year, and Disney sent decisions on their summer internship position May 23rd in 2014. I don’t know how much this timeline will shift this year, since it’s a new program and (presumably?) a later start date from previous years.

Underwood, yeah, that’s what I thought. I only hope it’ll be sooner rather than later seeing that it’s likely going to be either an 8 week or 12 week course. If it’s a 12 week course, and if my math is correct, it may conflict with the schedules of students returning back to school for the fall if the program starts mid-June. I don’t know, I guess we will find out soon.

jayroy This time 'round, it’s an 8 week program with a start date of mid-June.

Hi there, I’m still waiting to hear from the Animation Internship, my status on Pixar’s website has been Animation Internship - Summer 2015 (1 of 6) for quite awhile now, but about a month ago now, I had received a phone call saying I had made it to the final round, is anyone else in the same boat as me? It seems a little late for people that will have to relocate themselves to Emeryville, right?

Bluebird I’m so excited for you! I got rejected from Marketing today too so I’ll see you guys next year haha.

I just went to Pixar today and I met the Publicity Intern (who is a wonderful human being) and he informed they only took one publicity and one marketing intern. So, the pain of rejection hurts significantly less haha!

Has anyone heard back from the animation internship yet?? It starts June 6th right?? I still haven’t received a rejection/congratulations email, or phone call (like they said they were going to send out a few weeks ago) someone help alleviate my anxiety about this :frowning:

adrianna, it does help! What were you there for?

Hey all! Any ideas when the internships will start for the animation and art department this year 2015? I’m in Australia 2nd year student studying BOA Games Art & Design Major?