Pixar Summer Internship 2017

Got contacted by both Pixar and Disney today. It looks like Pixar’s still working on some positions.

Did your app status change after Pixar contacted you? I’m just wondering why they are waiting to send rejections out until the very last minute!!

I was shortlisted by both which means they are still working on hiring :smiley:

Hi do you mind I ask what intern position u applied ? I applied art internship, still nothing

I applied for the archive internship and still haven’t heard anything. Is anyone familiar with the process for this specific internship? Since we don’t submit portfolios for review I would expect that they would have interviewed us to learn more about us by this point. Good luck to everyone!

Kinda strange that I haven’t heard anything yet. Today should’ve been the last day, Pixar isn’t open on weekends right?

Has anyone still not heard from Pixar yet??

I know a lot of people still haven’t heard :frowning:. What internship did you apply for? I know all positions have been filled for animation and I know other departments are going through interview processes, I’m not sure about all of them though.

I applied for the technical director Set Shading position. I hope they at least send a final word so the worrying can stop haha.

I still have not heard back about the archives internship yet, so I believe it’s safe to say that I can take that as a rejection.

Got a rejection email last week for archiving

I received my rejection letter today for the archives internship. Honestly, just relieved to have an answer one way or the other. I’m still very curious to know what specifically they were looking for with this internship given that it is not an artistic position. I’m wondering if they are wanting someone with some sort of first-hand experience. If someone on here gets the archive position I would love to hear from you!

Hope Everyone gets their letter soon.

So Pixar rejected me today for a position I never applied for… :unamused:

They also changed the position on Workday, this worries me because it probably means they we’re looking at my reel from the wrong perspective. Sigh. What a nightmare process, I’ll be back next year though!

Though I did not receive anything from Pixar yet, I did receive something from Walt Disney Animation a few weeks ago. Still crossing my fingers to hear back for what I applied for.

Hello Jayroy! May I ask you what Disney said, when they sent you the email and what position you had applied for? I applied at Disney back in December (the deadline for the position I wanted was January 9th). They sent me an email at the end of March telling me they just wanted to let me know I was still in consideration… and then they never said anything after that and they haven’t answered my emails. I haven’t received a rejection letter, or an invitation to interview… just an email saying I was still in consideration and nothing after that. So now I’m wondering if they forgot about me or something because in the description of the job I applied for it said it would start in “late spring” and isn’t that…now XD? I’m confused.

I got the same email from Doeri 6 weeks ago, but I was rejected last week. They didn’t forget about you, they’re just at the last stage in deciding whether you going to be selected or the another candidate. Best of luck, you’re almost there!

ps. this was for Look Development

Hi herc98! First of all, thank you so much for replying and for sharing your experience, I really appreciate it :slight_smile:. I see. I’m sorry to hear you didn’t get the look development position, but congratulations on getting to the last stage!! That must mean something, right :slight_smile:? I’m relieved to know you think I still have a chance at this but I’m thinking, they are in the last stage deciding without even having interviewed some of the candidates? I mean, it’s an artistic position (character design) so I guess it would make sense that they would be more interested in your portfolio rather than your personality but I can’t help thinking it’s because I wasn’t selected :/. I guess keeping my fingers crossed a while longer won’t hurt though :slight_smile: !

To answer your question, I got a similar email and I applied for the Character Design Apprenticeship. Haven’t heard anything back on it yet.

Also just got rejected from Pixar for what I applied for. Ah, well.

Hey again, everyone!
I am going to apply for the Production Internship for Fall (and most likely winter if I don’t get the Fall Internship) and I was wondering if anyone has gotten a production internship or had an interview for it previously. If so, could anyone give me pointers or tips for my resume/cover letter? Thank you!

Hello, Pixar production internship hopefuls! I have created a group for us on Facebook so that we may provide updates throughout this daunting process, help people with suggestions for future applications, as well as be an emotional support system since the waiting is the worst part of this whole process.

facebook.com/groups/118074262139775/ <— Link to the group. Add yourself and I will approve you right away!

Please share the link with everyone who has applied so we can make sure we get the best updates ASAP.

Just to be absolutely clear this is just for the Fall 2017 Production Internship applicants. keeping it limited like this will ensure the information is clear and accurate.

Thanks all! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: