Pixar Undergraduate Program

I’m bumping this because I applied this year and am wondering if anyone else did too :astonished:

yeah, if anyone has applied and got it or didn’t get it, what was the date you heard back? was p0lkadot’s case just a rare one? because april 29th seems really late. and I’M DYING OVER HERE!!!

I’m planning on applying after my freshman or sophomore year in college, but I’m planning now. My career adviser is going to have me knocking down their door as soon as I find out who they are.

Ahh me too… i try not to think about it but it’s too hard haha :unamused:

Fingers crossed for both of us!

If you are chosen for an interview, youll get an email the week after the deadline, if not you get an email after the person is chosen (about 4 weeks later or more) saying you werent chosen

I’ve got an interview!
They contacted me April 1 (Which has me a little worried) saying that an HR employee is gonna contact me and set up an interview with me and some TD’s.

Any tips for the interview? I’m pretty nervous, but I’m focusing on staying calm, and trying to communicate what I could bring to the program.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

I got an interview as well on April 1 :slight_smile:

Nice!

Congratulations!!

If I was doing the interview, I’d probably think of a couple things that are really unique that you can bring to the program. :slight_smile:

Good luck!!

Have either of you guys been contacted by the person who’s supposed to schedule it? I got the email saying they wanted to talk to me on April 5 and they said someone would be in contact “shortly” but I haven’t heard anything.

Congrats to us all! =)

Yeah. I was contacted just this evening to set up an interview.

cool i just got the call a few hours ago… pretty nervous

me too, was called today

congratulations on getting an interview.
Out of interest, do any of you have your work online so we can see the standard they are looking for to give an interview?

I’m in the uk so assume the internship isn’t open to me, but I’m interested to know what level i would need to be at anyway

The larger one shows the detail in the shaders so I’d recommend watching the larger version even though it is 160MB+…

It’s linked from my website at [link removed]. Any comment/suggestions/criticisms are helpful.

Edit: Sorry guys, my bandwidth went way up and I can’t host it on that server anymore, so I took the link down[/b]

looking good to me. What position did you apply for?
With the animation of the lamp, I did notice that there was no connection with the ball before it moves.

The crater was a video copilot trailer right? There is some awesome stuff on that site

Great stuff.
I really like the dinosaur.

@St_Jons

Pixar Undergraduate Program, its for freshman and sophomores who don’t really have that much experience but are considering a career as a TD at a production house. As for the animation of the lamp, yeah… it was a class project and all we needed to animate the ball moving. I finished that pretty fast so I decided to do a little extra. Thanks for pointing that out though.

The crater was from another school project (high school) and we were showcasing the arts at my school. Don’t really know what you mean by “video copilot trailer” but we did do it as a trailer for an arts showcase at my school. We won at BestFest America for that video and had our work screened at a film festival in San Diego.

@fungastoons

Thanks! Any chance your work is on the web anywhere?

I gathered it was for students with not a great deal of experience, but being Pixar, I figured the competition would be pretty fierce.

My bad, I meant video copilot tutorial, not trailer. By that I meant videocopilot.net/tutorials/3d_crater_p3/

Its a site full of tutorials for after effects and 3d softwares. Theres some pretty awesome stuff on there, and your piece with the crater looked very similar to their tutorial where they teach you to create a crater. I just thought that you may have used it as a guideline when creating yours.

Not right now. I’ll try and post it Monday (got a super slow internet connection this weekend)

I do have a couple pieces that were in the demo reel here though:
[url]http://vimeo.com/9749844[/url]
[url]http://vimeo.com/5395528[/url]

I’m thinking in retrospect, that I should have had some more shading/lighting stuff.