Presto should be a feature film! (What you think?)

I just thought that you know, the short cartoon Presto could be a good feature film. I don’t know exactly why though, it was just one of them feelings you have.
I think it all fits, it would be just then thinking up a plot.

Who else thinks so?

Turn this into a poll! :smiley:

And it would probably make a great feature film. :sunglasses:

I just don’t think so.

There is a topic like this on imdb (shakes fist Ooohhh, how I HATE imdb) as well. However, watching and analyzing Presto, I just can’t see it have the potential for a feature.

The amount of gags and stunts that Alec pulled on Presto just feel right for a short subject, but to stretch that out over the course of a feature could kind of prove boring. It’s like action films- if you give too much action, you bore the audience. With Presto, I think the audience got just the right amount of pain and such done to Presto.

I watch Presto, and see quite a bit of Chuck Jones influence in the pose-to-pose moments, as well as the witty timing to the music. To consider expanding Presto to a feature, consider if someone decided to stretch the witty comic subtleties of ‘What’s Opera, Doc?’ or ‘Duck Amuck.’

Just remember-it’s nice to have a nice slice of cake- eat the whole thing and you’ll get a stomachache.

What I mean was that there could be more to the story then just simply the rabbit getting pulled from the hat, gags, etc…
Stretch it out into a real plot, not just the magician getting hurt.

I think I like it better as a short. It would be cool to see how the characters develop, but I think that the short told the whole story as best as it could.

I don’t think so…
The short was great and all, but it was just that, a short, and I think that’s all the filmmakers intended it to be.
A better idea would be for Doug Sweetland to one day direct a feature, but there’s so many other people there ready to do so, it’s hard to know who’ll direct next after 2012. I’ll just leave it at that.

It works so well as a short, that it being a feature film would sort of ruin the fast-paced, quirky magic that it has as it is.

I agree,
I like how it is a short film how it is fast, if it was a film it wouldn’t be funny and that in an hour wouldn’t be as good as the short.

Maybe a 30-minute format?

I also think that it’s great as a short and i don’t think that doing a feature film of Presto was their goal . :slight_smile:

And this is my first post here but i’ve been on this site since forever :stuck_out_tongue:

Couldnt resist replying?

as I said previously maybe not a featurefilm, but a 30-minute “Medium”

I’m sorry but I don;t think that it should be a feature film.
I like it for the way it was funny and how it was fast as the jokes were just like one, two, three, I think a feature film would be quite long and not as funny.

you would have to strecth the story out but it could be do-able.

Great Idea!!!

You have the lead up to it.

It could be doable, but it just isn’t the same. A short film, and a couple of clipls leading up to the short film are two different things.

I could see a longer plot, but it being possible doesn’t mean it should.

its very hazy i understand but quite possible.

no. it’s definitely a short.
i, for the most part, PREFER pixar shorts. i think shorts are generally easier to do well, the story is less likely to drag, etc.
because i think if pixar has any faults, it is the timing of some of their flicks. i thought the incredibles / finding nemo / monsters inc / cars / ratatouille were a little too long toward the end. it was like ‘oh, the film should have finished now’, but stuff just keeps on happening.
looks like they solved it with wall-e.

They should have a Christmas special of presto instead of a feature film, but it would be nice to see a feature film of presto. This short reminders me of Looney Tunes for some reason.

Same Here…Daffy Duck (Magician) and Bugs Bunny (Presto)