Private Messaging

Is there some way we can block someone from sending Private Messaging (PM)s ? (Aside from moderators, I mean)

It would really help.

Haha, got a stalker, eh? If there isn’t a way to block people, then there needs to be a way.

Not necessarily a stalker, but a fight starter, and said person keeps bringing up a topic I get testy about and is trying to push my buttons. I can just ignore the messages if there’s no way to block, but seeing as there is no way I figured there should be a way, if someone doesn’t want any private messages from certain people.

That, and I’m a red-headed hot headed New Yorker and literally have trouble not reacting to someone’s hurtful words about things I hold dearest to my heart. I don’t want it to get me banned, or else force me to leave the forum for good.

Have you tried to tell them stop?

Several times. And he’s continued. But now, I’m ignoring him, so it’s all good. :smiley:

I just think that there should be an option to block people from doing so, 'cause people tend to abuse it. It’s the coward’s way - why fight in public when you can attack them in private? :stuck_out_tongue: It’s just pathetic.

Oooh… now I want to know who it is. ;-p

123’s spamming me. :angry: Thanks, KE for warning me about its links! :smiley:

A113: Well, 123 is gone now. I don’t think you need to worry about him anymore.

Thank you to whoever got rid of him. Thanks! :smiley:

Shouldn’t a mob be informed about this kind of abusesive behavior?

A mod was informed, and the person’s still continuing. :unamused: But, I don’t even read the messages anymore; I just delete them. :laughing: Still, I wish there was a way to block it, with the exception of moderators of course. :wink:

I have a guess, but I won’t say. However, you can say that deleting the unwanted PMS by yourself seems like a way of blocking it, ya know what I mean?

TSS: Yeah, but I’d like for the messages to not appear in my inbox to begin with. Waste of space. :stuck_out_tongue:

On behalf of women everywhere, if only it were that easy, TSS. ;-p

FONY: Can you just try PM him/her and tell you to stop? If you have done that, and it is still really annoying you, can you ask the mods to do something about it?

Its not that, its the mood swings that should be blocked :unamused:

Anyway I agree with TSS if you already asked that person to stop, and he/she is still at it a mod should give out a warning to that person and tell him/her to quit. Abuse isn’t allowed on these boards.

TSS: I don’t bother responding, because this person ignores whatever I have to say. It’s like arguing with a brick wall - I’d tried to level with him and still - completely ignored me. :stuck_out_tongue: I wish he’d fight in public on the boards, and let other people know what a real phony and a jerk he could be. :stuck_out_tongue:

I know I could just delete them - but it’s spam mail, basically - you think you’ve got something worthwhile but you click the box to find it’s junk and just have to delete it. :stuck_out_tongue: It’s annoying. What’s more, when I did read it, the person would try and start a fight and then later apologize for trying to start one, and go ahead in the next message and try to start again. :unamused:

And the mods aren’t on much anymore, and this person has caused quite a few problems already on this board, and hasn’t been removed. Even if he does get removed, he’ll probably just come back anyways, under a different username.

FONY: I understand how you feel. Sometimes, I along with your other friends here at PP could do something to help.

But hey, hopefully, that person who keeps PMing you will read your last post.

TSS: Thanks, but since he’s one of the many here who seem to want to ignore the rules, if he reads it he’s not going to change his ways. :stuck_out_tongue: He’ll just send a message apologizing, and then later explode into a fight. I think he needs help. :confused: