Questionable Quoting

I’ve been noticing it too. The worst thing: Quoting posts with lots of pictures in them. The least you can do is remove the IMG tags. It gets pretty annoying.

Thanks for the reminders to everyone, Bryko and little_chef. What I usually do is to quote a few lines, or the line just before the image only.

I brought this up a while back (as in, last week), and apparently no one re-read this. If it’s out of my place to continue bringing this topic back up, mods feel free to correct me - but the quoting is getting very, very out of hand here.

If you want to respond to what a member’s said, simply bold their name and respond to them that way, instead of quoting what they just posted. It keeps the boards from looking cluttered, and excessive quoting in this way really isn’t necessary.

Example (I’ll use mod’s names here, so no one gets offended :stuck_out_tongue:):

The wrong, cluttered, confusing way:

The right, more organized way:

It’s very easy. :slight_smile:

Hope that helped a few people out here. Personally this has gotten very irritating and feels a lot like the boards are being spammed. Again, if it’s out of my place to bring this up and explain, by all means mods, correct me. :laughing:

little chef

Emmm… not really! I’m also getting a miffed by the wanton quoting trend, so I appreciate the reminder. I’ve posted a link to this thread in my sig.

Thanks… hopefully we’re not the only ones noticing this problem, and people will start to get with the program. :slight_smile:

little chef

little chef: To be honest, I haven’t really noticed the clutter problems.

Regardless, your example seemed very helpful. I hope people start to listen to you.

Smart idea with your sig thedriveintheater :wink:

I agree, I wouldn’t of even of known to of looked.

Anyway, noted. I’ll watch my quoting.

Though it still doesn’t bother me, I have noticed people quoting the previous post more and more lately. I guess you opened my eyes to it little chef!

I’ve done this so many times, it’s not funny… :blush:

No worries! It’s something you’ll get the hang of, most members do this when the first joined, such as me!

…thanks.

What’s up witht he periods before you thanks? It looks kind of sarcastic. :neutral_face:

I always do that, it’s not sarcastic. I’m sorry for not clarifying that before…plus, I was really sleepy yesterday… 8D

little_chef has brought to my attention that some members are quoting entire posts. While this has not happened recently, it is still occurring as late as last week.

So to all members, please quote specifically. Quoting or double-quoting entire posts not only clutters the board, but it makes it difficult to find what point of the post are you responding to exactly.

We won’t…we’ll try not to… :sunglasses:

Alright, thanks for clarifying! I wasn’t accusing you, I was just confused. :slight_smile:

That’s also the reason for the one-emoticon thing…