Radio Pixar - Listener Submissions

Awww shucks rachel. :unamused: That just made me more excited for the upcoming episode.

Just a heads-up, weā€™re not having vox pops for Episode 10ā€¦

But we do have room for a song request from any Pixar soundtrack. Send yours to radiopixar@pixarplanet.com. Make sure to include your Pixar Planet username (or first name) so we can read out who requested it. :slight_smile:

For a future episode of Radio Pixar, weā€™re going to be having a super fun quiz segment where two or more members compete against each other to see who is the most knowledgeable about everything Pixar. Do you know a lot about the studio/their films and want to appear on the show? Send us an email: radiopixar [at] pixarplanet [dot] com. Donā€™t be shy. :slight_smile:

Iā€™ll let you guys know soon whether we are going to be having any listener submissions for Episode 11.

Ahh!! I have to compete in this. Iā€™ll send you guys an e-mail immediately. :smiley:

ā€“ Mitch

Thatā€™d be fun to participate in! But alas, I have a very busy two weeks ahead of me. Good luck to all who will compete!

I donā€™t know that much about Pixarā€¦i know most of the movies but not the studios.

Sorryā€¦but it will be fun to listen to.

Haha, was just thinking that Al-Bob- itā€™s a great idea, and Iā€™d love to participate, but I know Iā€™d just fall flat on my face against a probably much more knowledgable Pixar fan! :laughing: Sounds like fun though, and I look forward to hearing it in a future Radio Pixar episode.

Most of the questions will probably be about Pixarā€™s movies and short films. You might be surprised just how much you know, really. Well, just think about it and let me know if either of you change your mind. Youā€™d both make for great contestants, I think. :slight_smile:

Iā€™m definitely game for a quiz showdown, bring on the trivia!

Radio Pixar is now accepting advertisements for your fanworks! As a way of promoting the relationship between the forums and the podcast, we invite YOU to create and submit an audio clip to let listeners know of your fanwork(s) and we will play it on an upcoming episode of Radio Pixar. :smiley:

The preferred format for me to edit with is MP3 or WAV files and the time limit for your commercial is 1 minute, but if you communicate with me then a few seconds over might be ok. :wink: Send any clips to me for approval via a private message or email radiopixar [at] pixarplanet [dot] com, and I will review it and give any feedback and let you know if it will be played. A good idea would be to send me a script beforehand so I can make sure it contains nothing too objectionable (we need to keep the ā€˜cleanā€™ rating on iTunes).

You can either focus on one of your creations, mediums, or let listeners know of everything you dabble in, itā€™s up to you. Donā€™t forget to let listeners know your PP username! However, the fanwork you are promoting must be mostly Pixar-related (cross-overs with non-Pixar work is ok). We will play your advertisement at least once, any more times is at the discretion of the Director. You can make your ad a jingle, or just talk about your work and explain what it is. Feel free to use Pixar soundtracks and both Pixar and non-Pixar sound effects, or even snippets of audio from your medium (if you are promoting your videos, for example). Take advantage of the exciting medium of podcasting!

The submissions deadline for Episode 13 is June 28. For future episodes beyond that, final submission dates vary from episode to episode, because the show is always a few days late being released, so that affects the next episode. ^_^; But if you would like to know the deadline for any upcoming episode you can send me a private message and Iā€™ll try to give you an idea.

You must be a member of the Pixar Planet forums, and your work must be displayed/linked to in a thread within the Fandom section and sub-forums and you must direct listeners to that thread, but I may be flexible with this, depending on the individual and the medium they use. A link will also be put on the shownotes page of whichever episode your advertisement is played in, so you donā€™t need to worry about reading out URLs or anything.

If you have any questions you can post here or private message me. Good luck and happy editing! :slight_smile:

This is something I may want to consider. It would help my fanfics get a little more popular on here. Now, just which one to advertise. . .

Thatā€™s a really cool idea! I donā€™t have anything to advertise myself, but Iā€™m sure a lot of people on here will make the most of this oppurtunity. :smiley:

Oh my gosh! Thanks for accepting my idea, guys (unless Iā€™m not the only one who suggested thisā€¦ in which case, what the heck, itā€™s still awesome)! This is gonna be so cool!
Iā€™ll let others have a go for the next episodeā€¦ a bit busy at the moment, not to mention Iā€™m already hawking my wares through my sigs alreadyā€¦ maybe Iā€™ll come up with something awesome enough to promote down the roadā€¦ but boy, oh boy, I canā€™t wait (Iā€™ve been saying that a lot, havenā€™t I? :stuck_out_tongue:) to see how others will ā€˜advertiseā€™ their masterpieces! This is a very interesting and exciting feature for all of us Pixar fan artists, I think everyone will agree. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Oh gosh, this sounds absolutely awesome!! :smiley: I might be borrowing a friendā€™s MacBook sometime this week, so I might even be able to squeeze in some time to record something. 8DDDD Iā€™ll have to put some good thought into what I would advertise, too. And guess whatā€¦? You guys would all finally get to hear what I sound like!!! :smiley: Not that itā€™s a really big deal or anythingā€¦ :unamused:

Hmm, Iā€™ll really think about this, rachel. This sounds like such a cool ideaā€¦!

little chef

Great! Itā€™s always a thrill when announcements like this get a positive reaction. Iā€™m looking forward to hearing your creative commercials. :smiley: I changed the original info a bit, specifying the format to send it to me.

thedriveintheatre - Well, I was going to take your idea and talk about the fanworks happening here myself, but you guys know more about your works than I do, and can sell them better than anyone, so a bit of airtime to hand the show over to the listeners should be a good thing. After all, ā€œRadio Pixar is for the fans, by the fans.ā€ :slight_smile: Or is itā€¦ ā€œby the fans, for the fansā€? Oh well, either way. Heheh.

i want to make an ad for my animation

i am doing a 3D animation of my dream, and turning it into a short film (flem?). the first short film iā€™ve ever done in my life.

the short is called ā€œWhen I Met Kevinā€. the plot is just that. when i met Kevin in a lucid dream i had on June 7th.

itā€™s not done yet though. and i still have to get the 3D model Kevin. myabe you guys could help me with that by airing a request for the Kevin model.

the thread is here [url]http://pixarupforum.com/index.php?topic=474.0[/url] on a little place called the UP forum.

This is a wonderful idea! What better way to promote oneā€™s creative talents then by way of a popular media tool?

Although I shall refrain from participating, I wish all the best to those who submit their advertisements!

:smiley:

ā€“ Mitch

Iā€™m not exactly sure if this is the right place to say this, but I would love to be on the show sometime in the future. I have no way of doing it though, I think, because I donā€™t have Skype, or anything else that would be of use. But still, again, I would love to be on the show with you guys in the future, perhaps in a roundtable disscussion.

Wow! Iā€™ve actually been thinking about this for teh past week and a half to mention it to you, and viola!

Great minds think alike!

I think Iā€™ll have to submit for Episode #14 since I donā€™t have an idea for an ad yetā€¦

but awesome.