Rainmaker Entertainment

A few items of possible interest here…

1. For anyone who liked the now-defunct Mainframe Entertainment (which basically is now Rainmaker Entertainment) or its TV series ReBoot, DVDs of the show will be available on March 1:

rainmaker.com/?/site/news/25

1. The mp3 at the following link is a session of Laura Ingraham’s radio talk show, featuring Rainmaker chief Catherine Winder (also of Ice Age and Star Wars: Clone Wars fame). Winder listens to callers who try to pitch ideas to her in 30 seconds. This might be instructive for folks who are looking forward to a career in animation, especially in the story/editorial realm. Also there are some insights to work/life balance in the entertainment industry:

rainmaker.com/?/site/news

1. At the end of the mp3 as linked above is mention that Rainmaker’s feature Escape from Planet Earth will be released in 2012. Here’s the demo reel:

rainmaker.com/?/site/projects/escape

I’ve never heard of these guys before! Now I do.

Here’s the latest from Rainmaker about their (reportedly once troubled) production Escape from Planet Earth:

rainmaker.com/?/site/news/35

Supposedly the feature will be released in late 2012. Given that Weinstein is the distributor, that could be shaky pudding. Even so, it would be great to see the Rainmaker animators provide good work that’s well received. We’ll see what happens…

It looks like there’s a firm-ish release date for Rainmaker’s upcoming Escape from Planet Earth…February 14, 2013. That’s still shaky pudding because of the whole Weinstein thing, but it’s good to know there’s some optimism attached to the project. At any rate, Box Office Mojo, IMDb, and Wikipedia are all in agreement, so it MUST be true, right? We’ll see what happens for Rainmaker’s first CG-animated feature. It could be that Vancouver is on an animation upswing, for various reasons.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escape_from_Planet_Earth

That looks pretty cool, I just hope it isn’t like Planet 51. :unamused:

Yes, IV, there is a possible danger there with the Planet-51-in-reverse similarities…and then there are the Jessicas–Biel or Alba? Which is which in which movie? How to tell them apart? I’m confuzzled…

Jessica Beil was in Planet 51. I DESPISE Jessica Alba. :frowning:

Current trailer for Escape From Planet Earth…no similarities to Planet 51 or Monsters vs. Aliens intended?

youtube.com/watch?v=0ShS2yAIRJU