Rank Top Animation Studios

Here’s my list:

1. Pixar
  2. Studio Ghibli
  3. Disney
  4. Aardman
  5. Everything else
  1. Pixar (Duh x 100)
  2. Studio Ghibli (Where Pixar’s the King of Computer Animation, Studio Ghibli is the King of 2D Animation)
  3. Dreamworks (Only their 2-D stuff. The Prince of Egypt, Spirit, Joseph: King of Dreams, exc. are all brilliant.)
  4. Disney
  5. Aardman Studios (Wallace and Gromit FTW. :smiley: )

Haystack

1 - Pixar
2 - Old Disney (pre-2000)
3 - Aardman
4 - Dreamworks (Hit and miss, mainly good because of the 2D films)
= - Blue Sky
5 - Warner Bros.
= - New Disney (2000 onwards, mainly because it looks so bad compared to the old stuff)

Dunno about the rest, particularly Ghibli. Mind you I’m pretty young so this is only really based on movies after the 80s.

(I cheated, I looked up what movies each company produced :stuck_out_tongue: )

1. Studio Ghibli and Pixar
  2. Old Disney (pre-2000)
  3. Bones and Gainax
  4. Aardman
  5. Dreamworks

One and two are interchangeable. Ghibli of 2D and Pixar of 3D. Disney made some good stuff pre-2000, but after that … blah. Bones has made some great Anime, along with Gainax. Aardman just comes behind Gainax and Bones, but Wallace and Gromit holds a special place in my heart. Dreamworks, while usually quite bad, I will admit they made three good films: Shrek 1 & 2 and Kung Fu Panda. Apart from that, Dreamworks are bad. And then there is the rest.

Wallace and Gromit are great…smashing funny!

not as good as pixar mind you but still of great quality

I recently saw Flushed Away by Aardman… but I don’t think they made it the traditional way.

1. Pixar
  2. Aardman (I love Chicken Run and Wallace and Gromit)
  3. Walt disney
  4. Dreamworks
  5. Warner Bros.

They didn’t. They joined up with Dreamworks and created the effect of claymation digitally.

Wow ! I didn’t know that, thanks for the info Hannahmation ! :smiley:

so it isn’t clay or the effects aren’t clay…becuase on the dvd they do create the slugs out of clay…

that’s what I was thinking Al-bob… we’re going a bit off topic here now aren’t we?

Yeah, I saw that too. I was reading some things and I believe Aardman created the characters out of clay first and then Dreamworks took that model and created a CG model in its likeness. The whole thing is in CG.

Ok, back on topic now.

1. PIXAR Obviously… Sometimes seeing the PIXAR logo on the movie makes me happy already.

The rest are random.
Warner Bros: Really love Looney Tunes, Happy Feet
Aardman : I’m a fan of Wallace and Gromit and Shaun the Sheep
Disney: I love the Disney Classics like 101 Dalmatians, Tarzan, and Brother Bear.
Blue Sky Studios: The second 3D Animation studio I can trust.
Dreamworks: Shrek and Shrek 2 are my favorites but Shrek 3 was kinda ugh!

Pixar
Disney
Warner Brothers
Dreamworks
Sony
Pathé

1. Pixar Animation Studios
  2. Disney (the 2D ‘classics’ series)
  3. Dreamworks / Warner Bros. / other major studios
  4. the rest

I pretty much only like pixar. Pixar makes the best quality movies. Also, I hate Dreamworks (They didn’t need to make three Shrecks! )

1. PIXAR
  2. Sony Pictures Animation (Surf’s Up)
  3. Nickelodeon (Need I say more?)
  4. Aardman Animation (Chicken Run, Wallace and Gromit)
  5. Blue Sky (Ice Age, Robots, Horton Hears a Who)
  6. Federator Studios (Bringing 2-D back!)
  7. Dreamworks (ONLY GOOD FILMS: Road to El Dorado, Antz, KFP, Madagascar 1 & 2)

It’s 4 the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

They’re making a fourth and a fifth, too, and they’re also making a whole Puss in Boots moive. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Edited. I combined both of your posts. – Mitch

they’re doing what? Hey that might be good…i’ll have to keep open for that.

TS2: Okay, Now I think they are pushing it a little too far with that right now. I love Puss n Boots, but we don’t need a movie all about him.

1. Pixar
  2. Studio Ghibli
  3. Aardman
  4. Disney
  5. Blue Sky
  6. Sony (I see potential in them)
  7. Dreamworks (Oh yes, I went there)
  8. Warner Brothers (As far as features go, The Iron Giant is gold, but that’s about it)