Ratatouille Awards

No worries, A113. :smiley:

thnx 4 the link :smiley:

now at least i know something

It was definately a good night for Ratatouille, but I can’t help but feel Michael Giacciano got gyped. He deserved best Score.

Yay for Ratatouille!!! When I saw it won the the paper the next day I was like “It’s about time!”

lennonluvr9-you can say that again! :smiley:

I am also rather displeased that Mr. Giacchino did not nab that “Best Original Score” award, as he certainly deserved some recognition beyond a nomination, but that’s the Academy for you. Everyone knows that it’s rigged, which is unfortunate… :unamused:

Ha-ha! Oh, I loved every minute of it, Bill. I loved every minute of it. And yep, I did kind of… give out a little shout of ecstasy and hugged my sister like crazy when Ratatouille won… :wink: :laughing:

Ha! Yep, I spotted both. You could also hear Remy say “Hey, hey” near the end of the video entry leading to the beginning of the awards ceremony. (My sister caught that one, of all people.) :wink:

– Mitch

Hey, no fair! I heard it first!
:angry:

:neutral_face:

Wait a minute. :confused: It aired at the same time everywhere in the world. :blush: Never mind. xD

I’m so mad that Ratatouille didn’t win more than one stinkin’ biased award. :imp:

Was any one else a bit annoyed how they had Barry from Bee Movie (which was not even nominated, he he), introduce the award for Best Animated Short Film? That should have been Remy on the mic! I suppose Dreamworks just can’t resist all of that exposure, even if they weren’t nominated. :wink:

Also, I was looking forward to seeing the “nominees”, like Remy and Linguini, in their seats but the Academy didn’t do that this year. Maybe it was because they weren’t sure that the writers’ strike was going to cancel the ceremony, but by the time it was announced as going ahead Pixar had too much on their plate and too little of notice to have created that short animation… I hope they do it next year.

Oh, Barry, that annoying bug! :angry: Okay, it wasn’t that bad, the bit was a bit funny, but seriously, he wasn’t (wait a minute…) … Bee Movie wasn’t even nominated! And I can’t believe they didn’t show his mouth moving when he announced it! Yeah, it would’ve had to be a perfect guess, but they could’ve animated three different mouth movements for each of the nominees, and switch it at the moment the real envelope was opened.

Oh, DreamWorks. They make hilarious films, but they are heartless. :frowning:

rachel - Heh. That rather ticked me off, as well, although taking into account the possibility that Pixar Animation Studios did not have enough time to animate anything extra at the moment, as you mentioned, it makes sense for DreamWorks to nab the bit. Then again, DreamWorks would have had to animate that Barry animation pretty quickly too, unless they were already prepared for it “just in case”. I dunno. I still think that Remy (and maybe Linguini) should have popped in, though. Oh well. Again, that’s the Academy for you.

– Mitch

It was a shame that we didn’t get to see Remy say something or introduce an award, but I guess it just shows how much work Pixar have to put into animating a character in comparison to Dreamworks who probably just got some guy to spend five minutes whipping up that short Barry animation. :unamused:

I didnt watch but I know I would have rather seen a Pixar character to do that too. Of course that would have just created extra work for everyone. Still, it would have been fun to see.

I didn’t see this bit, but it does remind me of what they did with TS2 back in the 2000 Oscars. They had Jessie read the nomination, and she covered her whole face with the envelope.

I guess it makes sense to me that they wouldn’t make 3 different mouth movements due to time constraints. (if I didn’t have to animate something unnecessary, I probably wouldn’t. But that’s mostly due to laziness on my part. :p) Sorry for the OT…

I know I’m so late on this, but what the hey.

Me, Ran, and everyone in our cast had complete confidence that Remy would win Best Animated Picture award. Little guy deserved it and we were there to support him and had a nice party afterwards heh heh…though the little guy took the wine drinking a bit too seriously…took his keys so he didn’t take his car…the rat had a car?? Hmmm tahhahaha.

But anyway, was a bit disappointed it lost out it’s other award winnings. Personally I think it should have won Best Original Score…I mean I don’t know what made Bourne a winner there…

But, Remy won that award, his to keep and his he deserved and we’re glad he got it :slight_smile:

I’m obviously very late, but anyhow, I would still like to extend my congratulations to Brad Bird and the Pixar team for their well-deserved Oscar win. In an Oscar night that was full of surprises (kind of), Ratatouille’s victory certainly came as no surprise. Also, I thought Brad Bird’s acceptance speech was great - it was definitely one of the best acceptance speeches of the night (probably only topped by Ethan Coen’s acceptance speech :wink: )

Yet another award!! Ratatouille wins Favorite Animated Movie at the KCAs.

More awards are always good, but re: the KCAs, Alvin and the Chipmunks got best picture? :unamused:

I always just figured (and this goes for the teen choice awards as well) there’s a bunch of executives who haven’t seen any of the movies or heard any of the music making the choices. That or a random number generator.

“Ratatouille” is a great movie and every award it’s been nominated for is one it deserves to win!!!

that’s a great news and would love to see its second part!

Ratatouille definitely deserves these rewards!