Ratatouille Fan Commentary

As always, thanks for editing Peter. =)

You’re welcome. =) I think that the commentary was actually easier to edit this time, because there were fewer noises to edit out.

Ha! Well, at least that’s one upside to having a quietish commentary. :wink:

Review coming up soon, but I’m a bit behind on reviewing these commentaries lately…

Group 2 PAL versions are served:

Group 2 part 1 PAL version
Group 2 part 2 PAL version

Enjoy!

Merci beaucoup! :smiley:

FYI, I have updated the PAL versions of the Ratatouille commentaries linked further up in this thread.
The old versions used a NTSC reference framerate of 24 fps, but I should have used 23.976 fps.
I will also update the PAL versions of the WALL-E commentaries (and add a PAL version for Toy Story) later.

The copies hosted at zarban.com have not been updated, yet.

EDIT:
Don’t use the new version, it was based on an incorrect assumption regarding drop-frame vs. non-frop-frame timecodes.
I’ll revert the changes tomorrow.

EDIT #2:
What a confusing topic… I have found multiple sources claiming there actually is a slowdown involved when transferring 24 fps film to NTSC, so the new versions would be correct.
Anyway, I am going to test the Ratatouille update, and if it works better than the old one, I’m going to do the remaining updates.

EDIT #3:
A new (hopefully final) version of the PAL commentaries is up.
Uploading updated WALL-E commentary and the brand new Toy Story PAL commentary…

It’s been a while since the last Ratatouille commentaries were recorded, and unfortunately I missed out on those, so I’d like to ask if maybe there is interest in recording another one.

I’ve been thinking about retiring as the organizer and editor of the commentaries. Would you be interested in taking over for me, totoro?

That depends on a lot of things, unfortunately, so even if the technical problems are sorted out, I don’t know when/if that’s going to be possible.

In any case, I’m looking for a free solution for recording Skype calls.
So far everything I have found is either ad-supported (and I have a major distrust in that kind of software) or costs money.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.