:slight_smile:

“Surreal Giant Rat at the Cafe Dali”
copyright 2005 Brent M.

Parker

Click here and then click on thumbnail for larger

version:
[url]http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/15183734/[/url]

So technically, this isn’t

fanart, (as the thread title says, I drew it years before I saw the movie) but it does remind me of

“Ratatouille”, a film I loved. A rat at a European-looking cafe, with fine wine and cheese, looking at

vision of something that’s not really there…okay, so in the movie the vision was of a chef and not a giant rat

with cheese wings, but still…

Wow this is most impressive and quite uncanny in

how it does resemble the movie! Very nice - I like your style. =)

Amazing artwork! Very unique style- I love the

use of bold colours and simple lines. This could be design work for Ratatouille or something, like concept

artwork! :smiley:

Yow. Quite impressive, I must say! Your style of art is astonishingly obscure, albeit stylish and appealing at the same time. The overall piece reminds me of former artwork designed by the artists of old, and the tasteful use of colors compliments the composition nicely.
Wonderful artwork! :smiley:

I like how the designs on the giant rat makes it look like cracks,(to me) like it’s gonna fall apart.

Well, that is some really impressive, amazing artwork there. The rat loks incredibly unique.

I love it.

By the way, Welcome to Pixar Planet.

Everybody -

Thank you very much! I’m really happy to see this response from fellow Pixar fans :slight_smile:.

Wandering -

That’s an interesting observation :slight_smile:. I always like to hear different interpretations of my artwork. A couple people have told me that they thought they could see a form of a human being in the surreal rat.

lizardgirl -

That’s great, because that’s exactly what I want to do - concept art for animation :slight_smile:. I actually have an application in right now at Pixar for Graphic Artist. Haven’t heard anything yet, but I have my fingers crossed. The job is still listed on their website, so I guess they haven’t hired anyone yet. I just looked on there and saw that they’re also hiring for Recruiting Coordinator, and I was laughing - so that’s why they haven’t hired me yet - there’s no one there to hire me :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

Another interesting thing is that I also have been drawing an anthropomorphic rodent character named Remi since 2003 - only he’s a humanoid beaver artist superhero character, and his name is spelled with an “i” :slight_smile:.

Still, it’s not a common name in the world of American animation. The first time I heard what the “Ratatouille” character’s name was in a TV spot - “this…is me. Remy.” - I was shocked! I was like, “Noooooooooooooooooo! They must have said ‘Rennie!’” :open_mouth: :smiley:

animagusurreal - Well, I certainly wish you well in achieving your goal! You’re definitely not the only one here who is hoping to secure a position at Pixar Animation Studios. Have fun if you do get there! :wink:

Heheh. You have very interesting artwork, but I think it’s rather cool! How ironic that the name of your beaver character also happened to be “Remi”. (snigger)

– Mitch