Rio 2

I loved Rio so much you don’t even know! I mean, it was just everything I love in a movie. Colours, beautiful environments, lively animation, jungles, music, and birds!

Though I’m skeptical about sequels and I’ve said that a lot by now, I think I’ll enjoy seeing this one. Let’s hope the music and animation will be just as lively!

I love the movie too, and for all of those reasons!

I thought Rio was fun, but it was a little derivative.

How so?

I think some of the story was a little derivative.

You said that already, I think Virginia meant specifically, how is it derivative.

I think this film will focus heavily on football.

It makes sense, taking the release date on account.

Ugh, I hope not. It’s supposed to be about birds, not sports.

That’s very Brazilian of them!

WELL, it will still star birds. And no offense, but I think the studio and creators of the movie (who are responsible for the movie in the first place) have more crediability and right to say what the movie is suppose to than a fan.

I think incorporating football(soccer? I guess you mean soccer football) could be cool.

Yeah I assumed that too. BC they don’t call it football in Brazil. Or Venezuela, where Spirit is from, and he/she posted it.

But yeah, it would be kewl.

Yeah. I just become confused, as I some times forget I’m not talking to Americans. ;-o Don’t listen to me, I’m crazy.

I make that mistake sometimes too. And then I feel bad. Bad American!

Exactly!! I used to be so sure TDIT was American, to find out the exact opposite. 8D

I hope this has some plot twists, instead of us expecting everything.

I must of read your original post wrong. Although screenwriter Don Rhymer brushes upon a number of interesting subtexts such as the evils of poaching and the issues with domesticating wild animals, both of which were previously dealt with in Madagascar. They tend to be explored on face value, or function as plot devices.

Amy: Well, OF COURSE the film would star the bird characters. It can still focus in football, as a setting. Kind of like the first film’s last act took place during carnival.

Virginia: I respect USA people, but the original name of the game is football. It is called like that in most parts of the world, only that your country decided to change the original, while using the existing name for a game that doesn’t use feet too much! 8D

Ballboi: Is there any issue that hasn’t been raised before in film? And I don’t think Madagascar was a very exemplary instance of those being stressed. Now THAT, was a poor film.

Madagascar didn’t make me think on either subject, personally.

And Spirit, I know. I realize that. I just get so used to the word meaning one thing, that I forget it’s real meaning.

I see what you mean, but I still kind of hope not. Carnivals are beautiful and colorful, and sports are just blah.

I can’t think of anything more colorful than the World Cup. Seriously.

By the way, I don’t think we’re going to see the matches, just all the events surrounding it. I think it’s fitting with the tone of the first film.

I agree, I think it’s the best idea they can do for a sequel.