Rio (2011)

Like Rango this movie is on my to do list. I seen the dvd in a store today while on my vacation I might just end up buying it once I get a few expenses (buying my car and paying for my flat screen) out of the way.

Race&Animationfan: It’s worth every penny I paid to see it twice in cinemas! :smiley:

Badger: Hmm… don’t they release the full version of movies on DVDs? I never heard of DVDs sold that are just made up of extras.

YouAreAToy: Well, feel free to Follow me on @thedriveinthtre. :wink: Lemme know yours if you feel like it.

Here’s an interview with the Foxx, as posted on the Rio FB recently: Rio Interview - Jamie Foxx

And here’s a delightful mash-up from one of my favourite TV shows airing at the moment.

Mad Short: Rio-A

Anyone knows what does ‘Rio-A’ mean? I don’t get the joke in the title or what it is supposed to stand for. Maybe a play on our favourite trash compacting robot?

Green lanterns come from a planet called Oa.

I thought that Rio was a great film. The visuals were very colorful and some of the music was good.

For kids? Pssscht! Kids I know didn’t appreciate its awesomeness and would much rather watch cheesy action flicks. Oh, the nerve!

I don’t think Rio is a family film. It can appeal to kids and adults.

^ But that’s the definition of a family film! A product with appeal to all age groups.

Yeah, I hate it when people call these sorts of films kids films. A kids film is something like “The Wiggles” or “Caillou”.

I thought the film itself was okay. But, I really hated the music. The Film Itself was okay. Somethings I liked, others I wasn’t too keen on. But, still worth watching.

I disagree. I kind thought that some of the music were alright. I could possibly consider this as one of Blue Sky’s best films.

I would put Robots number 1. And, This Film Equal with Ice Age at second. The second and third Ice Age’s would be below in the order they were made. I did think that Rio was a good film, I just hated the music.

I understand what you didn’t like about Rio. Personally, it’s Blue Sky’s 2nd best film behind the original Ice Age.

I think Rio is way better than Robots.

Exactly. I think Robots is one of Blue Sky’s weaker films.

Same here. Rio is definitely my favourite film made by Blue Sky, simply because it’s so believable.

Believable doesn’t neccesarily mean realistic, btw.

Check out my ‘pimped-out’ PSP! :slight_smile:

You can see more pictures in the ‘Gadgets and Gizmos’ thread. :wink:

Great movie! Saw it again yesterday
Good story of Blu, a domesticated macaw from small-town Minnesota, meets the fiercely independent Jewel, he takes off on an adventure to Rio de Janeiro with this bird of his dreams. 8D

I love Rio! One of the best animated movies I’ve ever seen - great music, great story, lovely characters and muuuuuch fun! =)

tdit: Very nice, where did you get that sticker?

I can’t believe that this film is reaching 2 years!

Glad you enjoyed it, aaron2 and Eve04!

EJE: I got it from a Wendy’s sticker set. :slight_smile: As of this post, Rio has reached its two-year anniversary! Cheese and biscuits! :slight_smile:

Rio 2 Official International Teaser

The teaser for the upcoming sequel has just premiered, and it’s a delight to hear the theme Real In Rio again! And aren’t Blu and Jewel’s offspring just adorable?

Stick around to see the cockatoo-from-hell Nigel make a dangerous promise. I hope we get some new villains and Nigel takes off the gloves (claw-sized ones, I supposed) this time!

And if you’re up for a true carioca experience, watch the Brazilian Portuguese dub! :wink: